Acura World banner

Have you had an Acura transmission replaced?

  • Yes

    Votes: 83 51.2%
  • No

    Votes: 79 48.8%
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Count me in. On my first replacement. 2nd one is stronger than the first tho.
 

·
Yuck Foo
Joined
·
2,589 Posts
I'm on my second tranny. First one was replaced at about 14K miles. I'm up to 30K miles now and no problems (knock on bowling ball trim wood) so far. :D
 

·
Moderator?
Joined
·
9,790 Posts
Almost 34k on the original tranny. Drained (not flushed) fluid at 15k and 30k. So far so good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
40K on my Third Tranny:mad:

1st Went at 30K
2nd Went at 31K
3rd still ok at 40K
 

·
Acuraworld Veteran
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
Awaiting my new one, 26 are on backorder, so I got about a month wait, car is still driveable but once in a while it will have hard shifts or not upshift. Just hoping it holds out till the new tranny gets in.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
31k on original tranny... no problems at all (**knock on wood**)
 

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
Joined
·
10,481 Posts
15k and still on my first tranny. *knock on wood*
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have a 2.2 or a 2.3?

How do you know the syncros are going? Did you RPM match and see if it still grinds?

I recall a Celica GTS I had that would grind... switched to Mobile-1 transmission oil and it fixed it.

BTW - remember that most 5-speed rebuilt trannies leave 5th gear alone - so if you do get a new tranny, get a brand new one or else 5th is likely to still grind. :)

sleCLeper said:
same tranny ....... 70k right now....

i do have a 5spd tho.

my 2nd and 5th gear synchros are going tho :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
autoxCLS said:
Do you have a 2.2 or a 2.3?

How do you know the syncros are going? Did you RPM match and see if it still grinds?

I recall a Celica GTS I had that would grind... switched to Mobile-1 transmission oil and it fixed it.

BTW - remember that most 5-speed rebuilt trannies leave 5th gear alone - so if you do get a new tranny, get a brand new one or else 5th is likely to still grind. :)

if you rev match, then that elimintes the use of the synchro's. it might be the MTF going bad because its not as noticeable when the car has been driven for a while.

there is no aftermarket fluid that can be used in the 2.2's because fookin honda had to change the way the tranny was built.

is years previous to 96, all the components were metal, after that years they started to use some plastic components in the tranny to save costs. only honda makes the fuid for the manual trannys becase nobody else wants to take the risk of dishing out money for broken trannys because they didnt get the lubrrication grade right.:mad:
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
7 Posts
On my third Tranny...

First went @ 22k
Second was immediately bad! (less than 50 miles)
Third still going at 26k... (knocking on fake wood)

--------------
2001 3.2 TL
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
7 Posts
Nope no good reason... They did mention that they have seen a "number" of bad trannies... No specific numbers though. Other than that the car's been great and the customer service was better than any other car I've had.

--------------
2001 3.2 TL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
pgatour1 said:
Awaiting my new one, 26 are on backorder, so I got about a month wait, car is still driveable but once in a while it will have hard shifts or not upshift. Just hoping it holds out till the new tranny gets in.:D
mine went in yesterday 16k and they say ill be driving my new tranny home on friday...
 

·
Yuck Foo
Joined
·
2,589 Posts
typeR said:
mine went in yesterday 16k and they say ill be driving my new tranny home on friday...
What about the rest of the car? :p

You best bring a helmet for the ride home on friday. :D
 

·
Acuraworld Veteran
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
typeR said:
mine went in yesterday 16k and they say ill be driving my new tranny home on friday...
Damn southwest region. That's what Scottsdale Acura told me at least. So Its on order and i'm just waiting for this one to go, it's showing more and more signs each day that it's done.
 

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
Joined
·
10,481 Posts
iridium130 said:
15k and still on my first tranny. *knock on wood*
Died at 31k :(
 
1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Top