Acura World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've changed my oil (Mobile-1 10w-30) for the past 15k miles now. Changed my tranny fluid at 18k (tranny died at 25k).

I have to admit - the tranny was the toughest only because of the GDMF tranny fill bolt being aped on. :-/

·
Yuck Foo
2,602 Posts
I go to EZ-Lube with my own oil and have them do it along with a vacuum and window wash for $20.

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
I did when I was in NY, cause I would bring it to one of my dads shops like anytime at night (2-5am) and put it on a lift and loved working on the Alero and the Jeep,, but here I don't have the space or chance really to do it, I rather just bring it to Scottsdale Acura, and not worry about anything. Cause they wash it and make it look all good too. So saves me time on that also.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i now change my oil ( since it's not free anymore, my year was up )

changed my tranny fluid weeks ago in an attempt to cure the hard shifting. tranny died two days later :D

installing my AEM pullies this saturday :)

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
I did once with my old Legend... but the problem isn't with getting at everything, its what to do with the oil and crap after you're done. I put it next to our recycling and got a nice $190 fine... Can't put 'toxic waste' on the bare ground... What am I supposed to do with it? I took ot to a junkyard about 35 minutes away... Its too much of a pain in the ass for me to do it myself.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I do my own. Mobile 1 and K&N or Mobile filter

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Scorpius said:
I did once with my old Legend... but the problem isn't with getting at everything, its what to do with the oil and crap after you're done. I put it next to our recycling and got a nice $190 fine... Can't put 'toxic waste' on the bare ground... What am I supposed to do with it? I took ot to a junkyard about 35 minutes away... Its too much of a pain in the ass for me to do it myself.
There's a hazardous waste recycling center five mins from my house. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Most Discount Auto Parts have free oil disposal. Just ask them.

vince said:

There's a hazardous waste recycling center five mins from my house. :thumbsup:

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
Acura does all my changes for me...

I dont seem too keen on the whole idea of getting myself all dirty and whatnot.

:dunno:

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I have free oil changed for the rest of my ownership of my CL. The only thing I give them is Mobil 1.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
We have a giant case of Mobil One in the hall closet. :)

I don't exactly know what we're planning to do with it, but it makes me feel official when I go to get my coat (which is almost never since I it's always 65 degrees here) and see that box. :D

·
Yuck Foo
2,602 Posts
MikeS 18 said:
I drain my own fluids whenever I get the urge...:)
Hopefully you use a designated area for the removal of waste. :p

:D

·
Registered
179 Posts
I change my motor oil with Mobil-1 10w-30 ever 3000 and my transmission fluid with Honda ATF (at the moment, Redline soon) every 7500.. Excessive .. yes... better safe then sorry....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts