Acura World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
It depends what you like brother, do you enjoy shifty driving with fast acceleration?

Cause if you do, I would not get the Type S, your gona suffer. ***Your talking about gas consumption

Type S is extremely good for casual driving and top speed only; if you want to save money. Drive reckless and you will literally see the needle go down. So if you enjoy high way high speeds than you should go for that.

If your 0-60 type of guy I would go with the base model

This is extremely contradictory, I understand, but you wish to save gas. If you live outside of California or in an area that HAS NO CONGESTION you should definitely go with the Type S. That is the ideal driving conditions to save gas; so might as well go with the best if that is the case.

For instances, my car has the utmost premium spark plugs, proper oil based upon season, the CAI is heat shielded, the heat shield above the cylinder head has been removed; all for colder air or loss of heat.
I am getting 16 MPG driving casual, pure street; a lot of stop and go is the killer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want to save gas or money i just want to know the real gas consumption of the car cause i find a type s and one full equip i just want to make the good choice and i live in canada

·
Registered
301 Posts
You're making a good choice going in the direction of the TL in the first place!

26L/100KM is OUTRAGEOUS.

The main consensus is that the TL is AWESOME on the highway for gas.
I get around 7-8L/100km.

In the city, it's sub-par, not that great.
I average 10L/100km. The worst I've seen is 13L/100km and that's right after idling and resetting my MID.

I don't have an Type-S, but it's not that far off.

And of course everything factors in like driving style...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.