Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get my car detailed (exterior). I have these fine scratches that i want to get out so i think if they are buffed they will come out. So what is a good price for the whole exterior to get done?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
last time i went to a reputable body shop around here and they charge 300 bucks for a full exterior detailing

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I know the guy who details the cars at Acura over on Lake and 83, he always tells me that he does side work. I can find out how much if you're interested. He's done some minor detailing on my ride and it looks good. :D

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel soo scared giving my baby to someone else again. Last time i gave it away i got really bad swirls.... ill just do it myself. :cry:

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
Crazy_AcurA,
Hey I use to have a friend in Palantine/ Arlington Heights area that did mine for $125 exterior only. Interior and exterior = $189
He did a 3 step shine; 1. clean/clay, 2. polish, 3. Carnauba wax. Good great for 6 months..

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Crazy Acura:
Don't do it man :bash:. All they'll do is buff it and give you swirl marks...and you don't want that. Just go to Autozone, get the 3M rubbing compound they have...get a nice soft 100% cotton cloth (remove the seams!) and rub your car down where the swirl marks are. They'll come right out. If you get someone to buff it you'll just get more swirl marks. And use Zaino Z5 a lot too :D. Why pay someone else $250 to do what you can do yourself better in 2 hours with $25?

Austin519

1 - 6 of 6 Posts