Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
Someone is offering to sell me a 2013 MDX that is "Salvage Titled" due to water damage in New York flooding. From what I can tell, the water level went over the engine - perhaps over the door locks or over the CD player, perhaps below the glass windows. The engine will turn when we turn the ignition key, but dies almost immediately. The radio turn on to FM stations but no sound comes out - which means the speakers are shorted out. The power windows and doors are not working electronically. You have to manually open the doors.

Can someone give me an estimate of How much it will cost me to to repair water damage for this 2013 MDX? I see that the "All wheel drive" picture does not show on the driver's electronic dashboard. Since the "All wheel drive" is electronically controlled, will those electronics be compromised by the water flooding?
Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Stay away from it. We've got a customer that's in over $20,000 in parts in a similar situation, and it still doesn't run.

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
Yup, that sounds like a car that you'd buy to part out the mechanical bits and scrap the electronics for scrap copper prices. Restoring that would only be something you'd do if you intended to drop a stand alone EMS and a lot of custom stuff into that would replace the OE systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts