Acura World banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I've always heard that you only really have to do it when you get any major suspension work done. Like replacing your springs or shocks, etc..

But if you start feeling some pull to either direction or if you are noticing some uneven tire wear; that probably is an indicaiton that you need to check out your alignment. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Crazy_AcurA said:
How often.. that is if you are lowered on springs. :)
Well, have you hit any large potholes lately or hitting any curbs while parking your car? And if so, and your car is pulling to one side when you hold your steering wheel straight, then it is time to get an alighment. Or if you see one side of your tire wearing excessively compared to the other, get an alignment.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I get it done all the time because i have a one year warranty on the alignment so i get it done whenever it is off and i can feel it because every bumps hurts it more when your car is lowered.

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
49 Posts
rayman009 said:
i'm getting my car lowerd 2morrow. Should i wait a week or 2 to get one?
You can, but to help save your tires get one right after you get them done, and again in a couple of months.

If something gets out of whack while the springs are getting installed (and it will), you can waer your tires out in those couple of months you wait.

Much cheaper to spring for the alignment.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
i guess it depends on what springs you go after too. my comptech pretty much settles 2 weeks after i installed it, so i had my alignment done at that time.

and yes it's right that if you dont get alignment quick enough it can wear out your tires very soon. so if you plan on giving it 3 months to settle, you should just get an alignemnt done first and do it again later

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
1x a year every spring, after pothole winters

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.