Acura World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 TL (automatic) with 30K miles. Last time I took it for an oil change, the dealer told me that I will have to do a transmission flush at around 30K miles. I am very suspicious about this advice from a "stealer". I always thought that you shouldn't even touch the tranny before 50-60K miles. I could not find any information about the transmission flush interval in the owner's manual. Can anybody clarify this? How often does Acura recommend to do a transmission flush?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Never, ever ever do a flush. Acura strictly recommends against it. Dump and fill only.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never, ever ever do a flush. Acura strictly recommends against it. Dump and fill only.
OK. Thanks. I thought it was suspicions.
Can you tell me what is the recommended interval for changing transmission fluid? Is it really necessary to do at 30K miles?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
It's a good idea, based on my experience. May seem like overkill to some, but in my experience with Acuras, regular fluid changes can prevent issues down the road. It's one of those ounce of prevention, pound of cure things :)

·
James The Underdog
8 Posts
Exactly, I just recently did a 1/3 flush for the first time at 120,000 miles. I don't think the car has ever had once. I will do the 2/3 in a little while and just keep doing it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 275k on my '06 TL

runs like a charm I change my engine oil about every 6 months I use mobil1 extended service synth

I do the 1/3 swap for trans fluid every 2nd oil change. Pretty simple service after you have done it a few times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a good idea, based on my experience. May seem like overkill to some, but in my experience with Acuras, regular fluid changes can prevent issues down the road. It's one of those ounce of prevention, pound of cure things :)
Sorry to bump this thread, but I have a question about the "conditioner" that SOME Acura/Honda service shops speak of adding. Can you let me know if this is a good idea? I know the general rule is NEVER add an additive in Honda engines - specifically coolant system, PS and Trans.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Never heard of it......but if you have serious transmission issues you have absolutely nothing to lose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts