Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My factory alarm has gone haywire. It won't turn off by turning the key in the driver's door and I no longer have a key fob to try to turn it off that way. I pulled the horn relay out so that it no longer makes noise but the lights still flash for about 2 minutes anytime the door is opened. I am able to start and drive the car with the lights flashing. Any way to pull a fuse and shut this thing down? Is there an alarm electronics board in the car that I can pull out? I don't need the alarm but i sure would like to have my horn back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MDX Alarm problem

I've got the same problem. I can't disable the alarm with either key fob or turning the key in the door. I've removed the relay for the horn and drive with flashing lights for the fist 4 minutes or so of every drive.

Help.

Gonzo

·
Moderatus Emeriti
22,190 Posts
My factory alarm has gone haywire. It won't turn off by turning the key in the driver's door and I no longer have a key fob to try to turn it off that way. I pulled the horn relay out so that it no longer makes noise but the lights still flash for about 2 minutes anytime the door is opened. I am able to start and drive the car with the lights flashing. Any way to pull a fuse and shut this thing down? Is there an alarm electronics board in the car that I can pull out? I don't need the alarm but i sure would like to have my horn back.
I've got the same problem. I can't disable the alarm with either key fob or turning the key in the door. I've removed the relay for the horn and drive with flashing lights for the fist 4 minutes or so of every drive.

Help.

Gonzo
I have the same problem - did anyone respond to either/both of these posts? Any info would be much appreciated!
Try posting this question in the "Ask The Dealer" Forum.:uhh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Key Fob for Acura MDX

I have the same problem - did anyone respond to either/both of these posts? Any info would be much appreciated!

Help.

Gonzo
Finally after months, I got my fobs working again... As I temporary solution I found out that if you take out fuse "#13 Back-up" on the passenger side fuse panel, you can keep the lights in the on position and they never flash. They also turn off when the vehicle is turned off. Still doesn't solve the horn issue and it also disabled cruise control as I recall..... :-(

I ended up removing the switch from the door and taking it apart. I cleaned it with alcohol as the contacts were full of some sticky substance. Perhaps one of my kids poured juice or cola. ;-).

I used the sequence to reprogram my fobs again.. Thanks to Maceecam on the Acuraworld.com site for the reprograming sequence.

Transmitter Programming for a 2004 MDX

Storing transmitter codes:
The codes of up to three transmitters can be read into the keyless
receiver unit memory.(If a fourth code is stored, the code which was
input first will be erased.)

Note: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps.

1.Turn the ignition switch ON (| |).
2. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with
the transmitter aimed at the receiver in the passenger's multiplex
control unit.
3. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (| |).
5. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with
control unit.
6. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.
7. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (| |).
8. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with
control unit.
9. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.
10. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (| |).
11. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button
with the transmitter aimed at the receiver in the passenger's
multiplex control unit.
12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators. Within
1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button again.
13. Within 10 sec.,aim the transmitters (up to three) whose codes you
want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or
unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock
actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
14.Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.
15. Confirm proper operation with the new code(s).

Gonzo

·
Registered
1 Posts
MDX Alarm problem

Help.

Gonzo
How did I remove the relay??? I’m having the same problem!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts