Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 99 3.2tl has problems with power steering pump. I started the car this morning. The p.s.p sounded weird and the fluid came out from the p;s. reservoir; as I turned the steering wheel with the engine running, the noise getting louder and quiet down as the wheel released.

Last night, I tried to check the condition of the timing belt by taking off the cover on the cam shaft gear. But one of the bolts on the cover wouldn't be able to come out because part of the p.s.p was in the way (bad design). I used a locking plier puller to pull out the bolt... Apparently there is no damage to the hoses or the pump.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar problem. My hose was leaking, I used silicon tape and kept it going for about a year and finally got the hose replaced. But it makes this hideous whirring noise especially when turning. I still have power steering so pump is not out but I would love to know how to get rid of noise. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.