Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For something bad that I did, I might need to remove rear bumper. Anyone can offer advice on how to do it?

My main concern is the licence plate light assembly. Can I reach it within the trunk without removing the bumper?

Hopefully the damage isn't too servere that I can fix it so I won't need a new bumper!! :mad:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to reach behind that light. To let you know what happened, my bulb melted the plastic lens and the housing behind it. :( The harness isn't latching to the bumper securely. So I might need to remove the bumper, fix the place where the harness goes, and reinstall a new lens to it :bigcry: Any advice ??

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Tatewaki said:
I need to reach behind that light. To let you know what happened, my bulb melted the plastic lens and the housing behind it. :( The harness isn't latching to the bumper securely. So I might need to remove the bumper, fix the place where the harness goes, and reinstall a new lens to it :bigcry: Any advice ??
If that's the case, you might want to take the bumper out and re-install it after you're done with the license lamp. It's pretty simple to take the bumper out. It's held by bunch of clips(underneath, on top, each corner) & 8mm bolts on each corner. Remove them out and gently pull the cover out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.