Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I have a 2003 acura tl type s I recently bought. The next day 4th and 5th gear started slipping so yeah... Now im stuck with a car and trying to find a tranny for it, but cant tell the difference with a Type s transmission or a base Tl transmission. Im more looking for exterior marks or things i can tell right away. because I found 5 acufa tl transmission and they guy says two of them are type s. and make sure i get a type s not a base

·
Registered
1 Posts
3.2 TL-S is same transmission as 3.2 TL in 2003

From 2001 to 2003, the Acura 3.2 TL came with only one type of transmission, which is the B7WA unit. The best way to know for sure is to call a used parts yard, or use one of their websites, to check both vehicle transmissions for compatibility. They should have the same id number (which is universal for salvage yards); the number should begin with 400-. The computer that controls the transmission may be different.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
One type of transmission yes, but the TL and TL-S transmissions are somewhat different internally. Valve bodies are not the same. Will they work interchangeably? Most likely. But again, make sure you get the TCU with the transmission if you buy used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts