Acura World banner

hydraulics on tL

6K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  Bawlin_on_18s 
#1 ·
i'm thinking about putting hydraulics on my car.

I really don't want my car to bounce (off the ground up and down)

i have 19s on my car and definitely don't wanna bend my rims. I woiuld like a conservative hydraulic assembly. Where would i get this? How much is an estimated cost?

#2 ·
I would rather have air cylinders/pistons than hydro's........you can get an average air ride kit for like a lil over a grand:)

#3 ·
what's an air ride kit? It raises your kar the whole time while you're driving?

#4 ·
it's just like hydraulics except it's not hydraulic......instead of having a hydraulic cylinder to lift the car up and down you have this
which just like hydro's when you hit a switch it fills up with air and you go up and you hit another and it lets the air out and you go down you can different size hoses and fittings depending on how fast you want them to go up and down:)

#5 ·
how much would a conservative set up cost installed?
i need something cheap but decent.

#6 ·
A decent kit should cost more or less $1000......installation isn't that hard atleast for me it isn't:)

#7 ·
so wait.... slammed99tl... you have air ride???? cuz ive been wanting it ....

(edited: opps i just read ur sig..... oh well)

melo-

#8 ·
how much does an average install cost?

#10 ·
yeah definatly talk to Unique TL he knows his stuff.

#11 ·
Not my taste!! :(

#12 ·
i was also interested in this air cylinder thing...it can adjust by remotes right? i was gonna get TEIn SS but...if this thing only 1 or 200 more...heck...wouldn't this be better? anybody know what type of air cylinder are pretty decent possibly under 1g for 01 TL? thanks...hows the ride quality?

#13 ·
for under a G pretty much anybody will tell u ur not gonna get anything good... From what i know ride quality especailly if ur not gonna get a nice kit isn't gonna be anywhere near a comptech or tein drop... ur not gonna be abel to drive real fast especially around coners and such. Cylinders are for people who want to show their cars generally speakin.

#16 ·
hey, i might be able to get you an air ride for a lot cheaper..., but i'm gonna see how things go, see if it's all talk, if not, i can get you rims, TVs, systems anything, hopefully i'll have my air ride rims and everything tomarrow...i just throwing this out, but i also want to say that i'm positive, i'll know actually this morning...

#17 ·
alright...would someone please E-MAIL me if you can help me out in deciding whether I should get TEIN SS or Canovers? I'm really not going too much harsh driving...but what are consequences when i drive harsh with canovers? do the canovers ride like Ground Control coilovers with stock shocks? or worse? thanks
please mail me if you know anything information....

#18 ·
where could i get the canover set up?

melo-

#19 ·
hgmmm...just called aircanover whatever .com...the kiyoshi's place...asked 3g for the TL...im speaking with the owner tomm to see wussup wit 1g and 3g type...he said around 3g installed...but i dont know yet...we'll see wussup tomm...how much is fair for this installation anyways?

#20 ·
as opposed to canover? What other setup is there? What does canover do (is it the same as hydraulics)?

#22 ·
i heard that on any air suspention you cant go over 90mph, because the handle messes up the steering or something

is this true?

melo-

#23 ·
can someone please post a SITE or someone email of this PSSSSSS air canover system please? and the pricing would be nice also...for 01 TL....and i need to go a lot faster than 90...so if thats troo...its outta my wish list...

#24 ·
yeah please.. anyone who knows anything about canovers.. please let u know an estimate of how much it will cost (installed)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.