Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Edub said:
Ernest!!

:beerchug: :beerchug: :bigok:

Does this now mean that your baby is home where it should be??
Lookin good as new!

Pretty sweet trunk now.. :D
Yup! and I'm taking over this board now. I gots lots of pics! Oh yeah....you were my only supporter of the plain acura badge without the center emblem. Still needs getting used to I think.
 

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ElegantTL-S said:
SWEEEET! you baby's back! And you can't even tell it's been in a rather bad mishap! Sweeeet!!!! I LOVE The trunk! it's very unique! Gotta get used to it tho. I think it wouldv'e been better with the "INSPIRE" Lettering! :D Post more pics! I wanna see more pics of your baby! does it feel solid? :bigok:

Feels very solid...but still need to do some auto-X turns to really test it. As for the Insprire badge I somewhat agree...but if you do it, I also think you should change the front badge or it'll still look funny...especially with my 3.2 TL tpye S badge inside. Either go all JDM or dont. Either way..the JDM route is very costly...and this was for free.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,000 Posts
edgalang said:



Feels very solid...but still need to do some auto-X turns to really test it. As for the Insprire badge I somewhat agree...but if you do it, I also think you should change the front badge or it'll still look funny...especially with my 3.2 TL tpye S badge inside. Either go all JDM or dont. Either way..the JDM route is very costly...and this was for free.
nice....i want more pics...! :D Yeah..I agree with you on all out JDM..or don't. Hum....guess i can take out my 3.2TL Type S and put Inspire on it... :D wat a waste of $$$ there. i want to change mines out to all H emblems...etc. But almost everyone dissagreed with me. They said "Why cheapin the car?" Ehhh.....i mean..our windows says HONDA in fine print already. :lol:

oh yeah..i was about to ask the same thing Naqeeb! his interior looks VEEEERY VERY SHINY and slippery!!! :lol: lots of grease...haha! j/k
 

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nameeri said:
What the hell did they put on the seats??? They look slippery as hell. :sqnteek:
I dunno....but once I get up in teh morning I'm wiping that crap down....all over the place...dash..seats.....doors.....wheels....engine parts!...everywhere!

and yeah...very slippery.....had to use the plastic cover to drive home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,773 Posts
edgalang said:


I dunno....but once I get up in teh morning I'm wiping that crap down....all over the place...dash..seats.....doors.....wheels....engine parts!...everywhere!

and yeah...very slippery.....had to use the plastic cover to drive home.
It looks like they armor all'ed everything??

Anyway, congrats on getting your ride back dude. I remember when you posted after the accident so long ago, so it must be a great feeling to get it back. Let us know how it holds up! Good luck!
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
congrats bro! guess you can ignore my question in the other post

and good, so you can attend the next meet! sweet! and your car looks just as good as the the old one man, congrats! how's the exhuast? better? take more pics, definitely more pics
 

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rominl said:
how's the exhuast? better? take more pics, definitely more pics
Hmmm...too soon to tell. All I know is that the car has this low rumbling noise cruising at highway speeds (Imagine Kenny G. holding an extremely low note on his clarinet). It'll definitely annoy the passengers in the back if constantly change rpms while driving. Now I know exactly what comptech users are complaining about. When parked and listening from the outside, you can barely hear it...and on idle...i hear the CAI more since it emmits a higher pitch. At high RPMs...forget about listening to the exhaust since it's all about the intake.

More pics you say? How bout my painted Y-pipe (5 min job).
 

Attachments

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
edgalang said:


Hmmm...too soon to tell. All I know is that the car has this low rumbling noise cruising at highway speeds (Imagine Kenny G. holding an extremely low note on his clarinet). It'll definitely annoy the passengers in the back if constantly change rpms while driving. Now I know exactly what comptech users are complaining about. When parked and listening from the outside, you can barely hear it...and on idle...i hear the CAI more since it emmits a higher pitch. At high RPMs...forget about listening to the exhaust since it's all about the intake.

More pics you say? How bout my painted Y-pipe (5 min job).
boy you are fast. you have changed all the bulbs and you have painted the pipes, guess you were sooo ready for this day to come :)

you got any side pics of the exhuast? i wonder how close it is to the lips (and also the back "vertical" line of the rear.... if you know what i am saying). coz' when i look at the pics, the lip has this circular opening, but the exhuast has an oval tip, which doesn't mix too well imho.

and is it me, or the sunlight, that the car seems to have a lighter color?
 

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rominl said:

you got any side pics of the exhuast? i wonder how close it is to the lips (and also the back "vertical" line of the rear.... if you know what i am saying). coz' when i look at the pics, the lip has this circular opening, but the exhuast has an oval tip, which doesn't mix too well imho.
I Agree...but hey...that's the price I pay for being the first ones to order the Thermals. Tim wasn't able to suply me with any pics of it...and I just HAD to try something different. As for being close to the lip...not really. Same distance as the stock pipes....so I hope that makes me exempt from having to extend them like HKS users do. BTW the shop test drove my car for more than 100 miles taking it to teh dealer...the seat shop...the alighnment shop and who knows where else. I basically looked for ANY signs of my rearlip burning and so far none! My next test is to see if I can burn it holding redline for maybe 2-3 seconds.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top