Acura World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... well, i don't have my car at the moment - I have it in for timing belt service this morning. The dealer said that they will finish it by tomorrow. It's going to cost me $800 :( - they gave me a rental car - Chevy Malibu. I was hoping that I would give me a RSX or CLS... :(

Just wanted to tell you guys :D

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
MaxxT said:
... well, i don't have my car at the moment - I have it in for timing belt service this morning. The dealer said that they will finish it by tomorrow. It's going to cost me $800 :( - they gave me a rental car - Chevy Malibu. I was hoping that I would give me a RSX or CLS... :(

that sucks. well at least you oughta be running much smoother when you get it back. and dont you go getting hooked on that Malibu now:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got my car back this morning - It runs so smooth - and so quiet. The guy gave me a discount and free oil change - I paid a little over $700.

:D I'm so happy to have my car back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
MaxxT said:

How can you tell if the timing belt has to be changed?

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
Re: Re: I don't have my car...

TommyTL said:

How can you tell if the timing belt has to be changed?
it is part of the 90 thousand mile service. it is a biggie, as a fucked up timing belt can cost you a whole engine

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My car is at 75k miles - I asked them about when I need to replace the timing belt, they said that i didn't have to change it until 90k, anytime between 60k and 90k. Anyway, I just want to get it out of the way. The 75k service tune up is free. The 90k service tune up will cost you.

You don't just wait for the timing belt to snap before you replace it. For most cars, I heard you have to replace the timing belt at 60k. For our cars, we can wait until 90k.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.