Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her name is Sadie and she's a real ham! She's currently 7 mos old and weighs 32 pounds. Also, I'm not totally sure of her mix, but she looks to be mostly Lab and part German Shepherd.

:angel:

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Great to hear about the dog, let me know if its too much to take care of or not. I'm thinking of getting one but not sure.

Good to see you here Wyle.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Driven said:
Great to hear about the dog, let me know if its too much to take care of or not. I'm thinking of getting one but not sure.

Good to see you here Wyle.
Thanks! She is getting spayed tomorrow, so she should be pretty calm for a couple of days. What's sad is that, so far, the only time she has ridden in the car has been to go to the vet. :(

I think we'll go for a nice drive today to build her confidence a bit. :)

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
LOL - You have got to get one of those doggy seat belt things. They're great - allow them some movement, but if there's an accident, keeps em safe. :) It's also great for hyper dogs.

Congrats bud!

Wyle E. Coyote said:

Thanks! She is getting spayed tomorrow, so she should be pretty calm for a couple of days. What's sad is that, so far, the only time she has ridden in the car has been to go to the vet. :(

I think we'll go for a nice drive today to build her confidence a bit. :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
That's a lot of dog...:p

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
i like that name! it sounds like a good name for a dog!

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics to come soon! I just need to finish off the roll of film first. ;)

As for the name, it's my brother's doing. He and my mom had her for about 3 weeks and named her. When I got her a week ago, she didn't know if she was coming or going and would only respond to "come here". LOL. She comes to Sadie now, thank God. :D

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,081 Posts
Congrats on your new family addition, Wyle!!! :D We'll have to bring Cody to Texas so they can have a play date!

How are you finding pet ownership? How'd the spaying go? Are you crate-training her? Has she slept on the bed yet? ;)

And the real question - is she housebroken? :D

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, she is house broken, but she stays in a large cage in the garage when I'm not at home and when I'm in bed.

I don't trust her to be in the house alone yet, or while I'm asleep. Also, I don't think I'd get much sleep if she were in the house at night, as she is always ready to play!

She gets her stitches out on Tuesday. So far so good. :)

She is one playful and happy pooch!

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
update please. thank you for posting.

·
NOT THE PHAG
4,036 Posts
The General said:
but she looks to be mostly Lab and part German Shepherd.
that's what the vietnamese call "Surf 'N Turf." :eek:

congrats, can't wait to see pics :bigok:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts