Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right - I am a proud owner of a 2003 TL Type-S in Agean Blue. :) Had to have the 4-doors for the baby seat, etc. :)

It rocks... but the CLS was sexier. :D

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

TRAITOR!!!!!! Congrats though ;)

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
autoxCLS said:
That's right - I am a proud owner of a 2003 TL Type-S in Agean Blue. :) Had to have the 4-doors for the baby seat, etc. :)

It rocks... but the CLS was sexier. :D
You sold the CL-S???

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Re: Re: I got an Agean Blue TLS!!!!

4thGSi said:
You sold the CL-S???
Why did you do that for!!!! :cry: :bigcry:

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All,

Yes - I sold the CLS. :( I loved my car, but it just didn't cut it for the family - with the baby seat in the CLS, the seat in front of it was almost unusable. :(

I got a killer deal on the '03 IMO - 30,300. I had to swap my CLS rims and tires (saved me $1500 in charges :eek: ), but the CLS is 17x7 compared to the 17x6.5 on the TLS, and I got to keep my summer tires so I like that better. :D I want aftermarket rims eventually anyway, so it's a moot point.

Note to those of you going to trade your car back to acura: To "certify" it, they have to have OEM rims and the crapola OEM michelins - and only the michelins - on it.

The first damn thing I did was remove the lame front plate (thank GOD they didn't screw it into the bumper) and take pics. I love the lessened wind buffeting with the windows down and the sunroof open. :bigok:

Notes on my initial impressions: The TLS is much and I mean MUCH quieter than my CLS. VTEC'ed only 3x so far (break-in period - it had 8 miles on it at purchase!!! - never even test driven!!!), but it pulls about what my CLS did (have yet to WOT). I miss the oval tips badly, and the rear of the CLS is definitely better IMHO (the curves). The TLS moonroof seems to open MUCH larger than the CLS. Love the auto-up-and-down driver's window. The TLS sound system OWNZ the CLS hands down. Speaker placement seems to be almost ideal. Interestingly, the A-pillars on my TLS are coated in a carpet-like material. Sales guy said it was to cut down on interior noise. The mirrors will take a bit of getting used to - love the blue tint on the outside mirrors. Real fogs are FAR superior to the CLS driving lights. I need Polarg M6es BADLY now. :D

Other than that, waiting for 500 miles to roll around so I can WOT and GET ON IT!!!

I'll be keeping my SN for posterity and to show where my lineage came from. :)

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh bear in mind - this TLS will see an autocross track. :D

I'm gonna keep my SN. No reason to change it - shows where my lineage is. :)

vince said:
So does this mean autoxCLS--->grocerystoreparkinglotTLS? :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Awesome!!! Congrats....Enjoy it

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
BlackShadow said:
Just admit it, the TL-S is better than the CL-S.:D
Shut up!!:p

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Courtesy, FKA Don Mealey. :) I got my CLS from fountain, but they had a crappy selection of TLSes and didn't want to deal as much. Courtesy, on the other hand, is closer, my sales dude was awesome (all 5's and yeses for sure!), and the service there is the best.

Outlook said:
Congrats. Don Mealey or Fountain????????

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Congrats on the new wheels! Very nice color too. It's interesting to hear a comparison of the TL-S vs the CL-S since they are such similar vehicles. I love the practicality of a sedan myself, so if I had enough cash, I would opt for the TL as well...and apparently so do most people out there. It's unfortunate that Honda is even considering discontinuing the CL due to low sales...and I'm sure you didn't help that with your new purchase!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts