Acura World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn i been going to the same car wash for the past 6 years... they do a great job. And now my car cant fit in their autowash anymore!!! Damn!!!!!!!!!

So i took it to a place that "hand washes" And they did my car... OMG what a fucked up job!!!!!!!! I have never seen sooo many swirls!!!!!!!! I mean shit!!!!!!!!! I wanted to cry that it was that bad! So i had to come home and try everything to fix their fucking doing! I washed it again, and waxed.. its alot better but still not as good as it should be!!! :mad:

Uh hem, Sky where can i find that 3m remover? :(

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Crazy_AcurA said:
damn i been going to the same car wash for the past 6 years... they do a great job. And now my car cant fit in their autowash anymore!!! Damn!!!!!!!!!

So i took it to a place that "hand washes" And they did my car... OMG what a fucked up job!!!!!!!! I have never seen sooo many swirls!!!!!!!! I mean shit!!!!!!!!! I wanted to cry that it was that bad! So i had to come home and try everything to fix their fucking doing! I washed it again, and waxed.. its alot better but still not as good as it should be!!! :mad:

Uh hem, Sky where can i find that 3m remover? :(
Use Meguiers #9 swirl remover/polish and then follow that up w/ a coat of wax. That should take care of that problem. You MUST follow this up w/ a coat of wax otherwise the polish will remove all wax and your car will be unprotected.

·
Registered
14,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do i want to dawn my car first for this? And put the Swirl remover on the non-wax finish? Then wax over it? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
3M Swirl mark remover - I got it at Pep Boys or Discount Auto - I forget which.

If your paint is badly swirled, I'd wash it with dawn (gets all wax, polish, etc off), then clay it (takes a few hours), then use the swirl mark remover, then a nice polish (see http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=708 for what I use), and THEN a good carnuba wax. Takes damn near a half day, but man the shine on a black car is so worth it.

Meguiars or mothers makes a clay bar, BTW. That's what I used.

·
I am no one
14,771 Posts
okok here's what i did crzy. wash it with dawn to remove the wax. then use the 3m imperial hand glaze and buff the whole car WITH pressure. it removes almost all the swirls. after that, use dawn to wash again coz' the 3m stuff is very greasy and zaino won't bond on top of it. after that use z1 then z2, etc...

·
Transform and roll out
5,530 Posts
rominl said:
okok here's what i did crzy. wash it with dawn to remove the wax. then use the 3m imperial hand glaze and buff the whole car WITH pressure. it removes almost all the swirls. after that, use dawn to wash again coz' the 3m stuff is very greasy and zaino won't bond on top of it. after that use z1 then z2, etc...
thanks for the tip, now I can tell my cuz what to use to get all the swirls. The bastards at the acura dealership created a lot of swirls when they gave his NBP RSX-S a complimentary wash when he brought it in for its first oil change. Man, he was furious.:mad:

·
I am no one
14,771 Posts
fahoumh said:
thanks for the tip, now I can tell my cuz what to use to get all the swirls. The bastards at the acura dealership created a lot of swirls when they gave his NBP RSX-S a complimentary wash when he brought it in for its first oil change. Man, he was furious.:mad:
tell me about it. the first time i got my oil change at the dealer, this is what happen:

manager: you want a car wash?
me: no thanks
manager: it's free
me: yeah i know, but no thanks
manager: it won't cost you anything and it doesn't take time
me: yeah i don't worry about the time, i prefer to clean the car myself

the end result? the moment i saw my car i wanna fvck that manager..... what does NO car wash mean?

·
Registered
566 Posts
You kinow what I don't want a car wash REALLY means!!! Change your oil yourself. :p

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
23 Posts
I don't want to grow up I'm a toys'r'us kid theirs a million toys in toy'r'us that I can play with...from bikes to dolls to video games its the biggest toystore their is geewizz I don't wanna grow up cause baby if I did I couldn't be a toy'r'us kid. I don't wanna grow up you wanna grow up? I want to be a toy'r'us kid.

·
Transform and roll out
5,530 Posts
Bookbag said:
I don't want to grow up I'm a toys'r'us kid theirs a million toys in toy'r'us that I can play with...from bikes to dolls to video games its the biggest toystore their is geewizz I don't wanna grow up cause baby if I did I couldn't be a toy'r'us kid. I don't wanna grow up you wanna grow up? I want to be a toy'r'us kid.
:lol: ...someone remembered!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts