Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this from my new desk at my new job in Long Beach... :D

This job has a lot more for me to do than my last one though, so I probably won't be on as much as I used to be. *sigh* Such is life.

Are you guys having a good day? :D

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a legal secretary again, only this time I'm at a real law firm instead of the legal department of a corporation. It's just that this is a different type of law (patent law) and I'm not used to it at all, so I have to learn whole new processes, etc, but it's OKAY. :)

In other news, Scottie and I finally got our bed so we aren't sleeping on the sofabed anymore in our apartment, AND I somehow convinced him to help me put the drapes up in the bedroom, so except for a couple of minor adjustments, our apartment is DONE. What a happy day this is. ;)

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
AngelCL said:
I'm a legal secretary again, only this time I'm at a real law firm instead of the legal department of a corporation. It's just that this is a different type of law (patent law) and I'm not used to it at all, so I have to learn whole new processes, etc, but it's OKAY. :)

In other news, Scottie and I finally got our bed so we aren't sleeping on the sofabed anymore in our apartment, AND I somehow convinced him to help me put the drapes up in the bedroom, so except for a couple of minor adjustments, our apartment is DONE. What a happy day this is. ;)
good stuff :)

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Welcome back chief! Took you long enough time to come back and post! ;)

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, something's wrong with my laptop; whenever I try to sign online, it says my modem doesn't exist, but when I run diagnostics on it, it says it's working perfectly fine. :/ I think I need to reinstall my drivers but I seem to have left the CD with my drivers on it in Virginia, so I can't get online at home, and it hasn't been until today that I have a job, so... yeah. Sorry. :)

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Damnit woman! Get a sig and an avatar! ;)

And welcome back. :) I guarantee you won't be banned. :D

AngelCL said:
Well, something's wrong with my laptop; whenever I try to sign online, it says my modem doesn't exist, but when I run diagnostics on it, it says it's working perfectly fine. :/ I think I need to reinstall my drivers but I seem to have left the CD with my drivers on it in Virginia, so I can't get online at home, and it hasn't been until today that I have a job, so... yeah. Sorry. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good to hear from you again Adrienne. So how's the weather out in California?

:)

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kuwolde said:
Good to hear from you again Adrienne. So how's the weather out in California?

:)
OMG I feel like I'm in some sort of weather fantasy or something... It's mid seventies all day, drops to mid sixties at night, the sun shines, the smog glistens, and right now I'm staring out my window at the entire coast of Long Beach (my office is on the top floor of the Arco Tower, right by the LB Grand Prix)...

Every day I wake up and look outside and I'm just like, this can't be happening. But it is! :D

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
AngelCL said:

OMG I feel like I'm in some sort of weather fantasy or something... It's mid seventies all day, drops to mid sixties at night, the sun shines, the smog glistens, and right now I'm staring out my window at the entire coast of Long Beach (my office is on the top floor of the Arco Tower, right by the LB Grand Prix)...

Every day I wake up and look outside and I'm just like, this can't be happening. But it is! :D
Hey I know where the Arco Tower is.

hehe :)

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
avengerjr said:

Hey I know where the Arco Tower is.

hehe :)
It's a beautiful building. :)

It sucks; my car's registration expired at the end of January, and I haven't gotten my new stickers from VA yet (cuz I'm cheating a little bit and re-registering in VA even tho I live here now). So anyway, I can't drive my car, so I left it at Scott's parents' house and I'm driving his mom's car for a few days till the VA registration comes in. The part that sucks is that I get a sticker for free parking that goes on my window, but since I dont' have my car, i can't use the sticker yet, so I have to get my parking validated every night or else pay like $10 a day to park. :mad:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Are the drapes made out of Hemp?

Maybe that's why he was so ambitious to help hang em. ;)

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ken said:
Are the drapes made out of Hemp?

Maybe that's why he was so ambitious to help hang em. ;)
Lol, no, they're denim, I think. I'm so proud of myself. I hung the NOS poster directly in the center of the wall behind the bed, and it looks great. :)

He was ambitious to help hang them cuz I told him there was no way in hell I would get naked in a room that didn't have curtains. ;)

:angel:

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, and I think that's it for my posting today; it's almost one which means that everyone's gonna be coming back from lunch soon, and I want to be industriously back at work by the time they get into the office. ;) I have a great work ethic, right?

You guys can drop me an email at [email protected] if you want to say hi. No AIM yet; I decided I should at least work 8 hours for the company before I start downloading chat agents onto their computers. ;)

Talk to you guys tomorrow! :D

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Adrienne, you know you really like the east coast better! :D

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,064 Posts
Congratulations, Adrienne!!!!!!! :D That's awesome!

I'm glad you guys are having a blast so far, and that you found a good job!

Now get yer ass on AIM, baby! :cool:

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
welcome to Cali!! :D :D :D

Time to bust out your Beach Boys collections ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi Adrienne!!

well I certainly missed you! I was a little disappointed when they told me you were banned on the other board...no reasons why, nothing!
It was like the Gustapo in there...anyway, glad you are back!:beerchug:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts