Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

The last few weeks, I've been wondering about how to short two leads in the ODB port so the car will blink error codes through the Check Engine light.

I've found the port which is located under the ash tray.
However I have not found which leads to short and a bit afraid to make guesses.

So today, I purchased an OBD II reader. I can read errors that's been stored in the car... i.e. OS2 sensor, EGR, mis fire and whever else that kicked off the check engine light.

I'm in Los Angeles and if anyone wants me to read their engine error codes, i'd be glad to do it for free.

Well, maybe I shouldn't put the word free in there since I travel a lot so it would have to be a mutal schedule.

How about a box of Krispy Kreme for a scan.
haha, well that sounds worse... sounds like I work for donuts.

Well, you get the point... Dealer charged me $70 to check my error codes few months ago and I'm willing to help someone out if I can.

Mola
[email protected]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol

well, the car doesn't have to be broken to scan for error codes.
I scan for error codes on the BMW every oil change.

If you're going to go through that much trouble bringing it here in LA for a scan, sure I'll even take the day off and change your oil :)

·
19 Posts
What is the make and model of the OBDII scan tool you used. I'm scared of buying any because i have had someone try his OBD II scan tool on my RL and was unsucessful at pulling codes or resetting my RL's Computer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.