Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I take the key out of the ignition... shut the door and push the button to lock the doors, but they don't lock. I keep pushing the button... no lock. So, I open the door and the thing is chiming (like when you have a key in the ignition and open the door, except there was no key in there... it was in my hand). So, then I put the key back in the ignition, give it a turn, then turn it off and take the key out, and all is good.

wtf?? has this happened to anyone else? :(

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Try locking the door with the key in the ignition. I don't think it will as a safety feature. If that's the case, then I'd say the ignition is bad. Probably a quick swap.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
CL-S-Bo said:
So, I take the key out of the ignition... shut the door and push the button to lock the doors, but they don't lock. I keep pushing the button... no lock. So, I open the door and the thing is chiming (like when you have a key in the ignition and open the door, except there was no key in there... it was in my hand). So, then I put the key back in the ignition, give it a turn, then turn it off and take the key out, and all is good.

wtf?? has this happened to anyone else? :(
It's just a sticky switch in the ignition slot. When you put your key in, it trips the switch, telling the car that the key is in. Sometimes, this switch becomes sticky and doesn't release after the key is taken out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.