Acura World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night driving along the freeway the cruise control light flickers then goes out, followed instantly by the car slowing down. Now Im in manual mode and pushing the cruise button, flicking the set switches - nothing. Next day I start metering stuff out per the manual. While doing the clutch switch test I find it fails the continuity test - cool! I spin out the switch, but as an afterthought put the meter on it again and it works. I begin to think its intermittent, I plan to reinstall it and adjust it to where it makes/breaks as I had with my fingers. But as I look at the hole in the pedal I can see straight through to the carpet...wtf. I look closer and sure enough its a hole on the other side of the hole where the switch goes through, so with it installed nothing is pressing it. I check the brake pedal and find a plastic plug installed opposite the switch to actuate the brake switch. I look on the floor and find the broken clutch plug just under the mat. Why Honda wanted a plastic plug to press on the switches I don't know. I jumpered the pins of the plug to the clutch switch so I get my cruise control back for now. Either going to put a nut/bolt in those stupid holes or super-glue metal plates over them I dunno yet. Laters.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts