Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing that I've been getting awful gas mileage. I do mostly city driving or moderate traffic highway driving. I've been getting between 150-200 miles per fillup, and i'm usually filling up right after the gas light comes on. It usually takes between 13-14 gallons to fill the rest of the tank. I also noticed recently that the muffler tips are very black on the ends. Could this mean the engine is running rich or lean or something like that? Maybe it's why I'm getting the poor gas mileage. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for the answers in advance.

Donny

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I scheduled an appointment at Acura of Valley Stream for Monday morning, we'll see what they have to say. I don't really push it to 6-7K RPM too often. Maybe 3 or 4 times between fill ups. It just seems that I'm filling up way too often and with gas prices the way they are my gas bill is almost as much ass the lease payment (slight exageration). Thanks for the replies.

Donny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.