Acura World banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
magic number ==> 69
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was looking at the AEM intake and i notice that the Injen intake is $80 cheaper than the AEM, and so i was wondering if you know what's the different between AEM & Injen intake, is it just the name that is difference or performance or..
thanx in the advance
Tai

·
magic number ==> 69
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx that's all i need to know cuz i'm gonna get it today so i can be one step closer to you crazy mod :) :D

·
magic number ==> 69
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
edgalang said:

More than that :)

But to satisfy his curiousity I'll try to be nitpicky.

Injen pipe = 2 bends
AEM pipe = 3 bends
what do you mean by bends??

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
69tl said:

what do you mean by bends??
To cause to assume a curved or angular shape: bend a piece of iron into a horseshoe.

So...bend a pipe in the case of Injen (in 2 places) or with AEM (in 3 places) to form a CAI.

Either way...go with the cheaper one.

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
BlackShadow said:
My AEM CAI only bends in 2 places.:dunno:
Really? From what I've seen it's 3. Correct me if I'm wrong but looking at your sig, the first bend is the one before the bi-pass...the second immediately after the bi-pass tilting down underneath and the third and final one (the one you can't see anymore unless you look in over the hood) tilts up again to make more room for the head of the filter.

If not, the only explanation is that maybe the type S CAIs are a little different other than the extra .5 inch of piping.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
edgalang said:

Really? From what I've seen it's 3. Correct me if I'm wrong but looking at your sig, the first bend is the one before the bi-pass...the second immediately after the bi-pass tilting down underneath and the third and final one (the one you can't see anymore unless you look in over the hood) tilts up again to make more room for the head of the filter.

If not, the only explanation is that maybe the type S CAIs are a little different other than the extra .5 inch of piping.
hhaaha, you are nitpicky!!! :D anyway...Only the Type S intake systems have the 3 bends. while the 99-01 TL's have only 2 bends...which uses the same intake for the Accord V6.

·
magic number ==> 69
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:D :D :D :D thanx for all the input, I think i know which one to get now...:beerchug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.