Acura World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i take out my resonators, will i still be able to pass the state inspection?

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
which resonator do i remove to increase the sound to make it more throtter? i have a comptech exhaust and it's not loud enough

·
Registered
633 Posts
acuratls23 said:
which resonator do i remove to increase the sound to make it more throtter? i have a comptech exhaust and it's not loud enough
start with the airbox resonator IMO. it increases sound slightly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what about the resonator by the "B" pipe? or is it better to take the airbox resonator out? i heard the airbox resonator is a pain the ass to take out

·
92 Posts
ElegantTL-S said:
The resonator..is just to make the engine more quiet.

rmarin2, you make it sound like we have a hard time passing if we got the AEM CAI... :D
Not at all!! I meant that if he takes out his resonator, he won't have any problems with inspection. If we take out our entire intake and put in aftermarket ones and are still able to pass inspection, removing the resonator won't cause him to fail!! :)

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
You guys gotta remember - there are TWO resonators. One in the airbox, and one before (or after - I don't recall) the catalytic converter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.