Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those still wondering, yes the in-dash cd changers will control an aftermarket cd changer! I just installed one yesterday in my 03 TL-S. I decided to go with Clarion, because Peripheral has a Honda/Clarion adaptor with RCA inputs, which I'm using to hook up my Archos MP3 player. And, the clarion adaptor is only $40 at www.autosoundgear.com. I got a 12 disc cd changer (M-bus) off of e-bay for $130. Easiest way I've seen so far to add aux inputs to the factory head unit.

·
Registered
615 Posts
cool! so how do you access the changer and the individual CDs within the changer?

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you just press the cd button to switch between the head unit and changer. And you use buttons 1-6 to access the discs. As a side note, if I didn't have both cartridges of my 12 disc changer installed, the head unit wouldn't switch over to the changer. Also, I'm not sure how to access discs 7-12 yet (I haven't actually tried), although the adaptor comes with a little red LED that's supposed to light when 7-12 are playing. So, when the head unit says Disc 1 and the light is on, it's disc 7, etc.

Also, I just found at autotoys.com an adaptor that supposedly doesn't need to have a changer hooked up! It costs $129. I may sell my adaptor and changer and go that route since I'll never really be using the changer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.