Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo! Ride quality went down the toilet...but it seems when the car is weighted down (two friends in there) it's good...but when it's just me it sucks big time. Thank god my stereo will be in the back and weigh 330 lbs. I would tell anyone wanting a handling upgrade to go with sway bars though...more of a difference and zero ride penalty...easy as hell to install too...

But yes...I'm sure you all want pics...the drop is an even 1.75" all around...

Austin519

Before:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Before 2:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After 1:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After 2:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After 3:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But I will say she handles better and looks a LOT better. No forward dip on stopping or rear dip on accelerating are the biggest improvements...some handling improvement...and mad look improvement!

Austin519

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
Austin, I am in the process of buying H&R springs OE Sports.
If you had known the poor ride quality, but the good looks
and had to do it again, would you?

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Austin519 said:
But I will say she handles better and looks a LOT better. No forward dip on stopping or rear dip on accelerating are the biggest improvements...some handling improvement...and mad look improvement!

Austin519
Hey Austin,

Did you cut the bump stops? If not, what is your main complaint? The harshness?

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
53 Posts
Hey Joe, go with Sports, not OE...

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
Yang, Is that what you got, Sports?

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
I have H&R Sports on my CL-S and I think the ride and the looks are perfect. I'd recommend these springs to anyone.

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
53 Posts
I still say H&R because the look is better. All the pics of TL's with Comptech I've seen, they all look like the rear has a bigger gap than front.

·
Transform and roll out
5,506 Posts
Red Hot TL said:
I still say H&R because the look is better. All the pics of TL's with Comptech I've seen, they all look like the rear has a bigger gap than front.
Yeah, I'm not too fond of the "raked" look either....well, Crazy's got a pair of subs in the trunk and that brings the back down just enough to make the rear wheel gap the same as the front.

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
53 Posts
yes, but do you have a system or are you thinking about getting a system? I don't, so I went with H&R Sports ;)

·
Transform and roll out
5,506 Posts
Red Hot TL said:
yes, but do you have a system or are you thinking about getting a system? I don't, so I went with H&R Sports ;)
eventually, yes...but not until i'm done all my performance and comsmetic mods mainly b/c I want it all done at the same time....and that'll be at least another 3-4 years b/c I'm planning to buy mods throughout my time at university with the money I'll earn via co-op jobs....so maybe I'll go with H&R's

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.