Acura World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Freakin sweet, man! Took about 3 hours to do...some of those bolts under there just didnt want to come out :bash:

I went w/ the Comptechs, and dont regret it at all...havent driven too much yet but from what I"ve driven so far it's been freakin SWEET!! There is SO much less body roll when switching lanes, swerving, etc. Turns are much tighter too!

pictures can be found at www.iridium130.com :bigok: :bigok:

oh and thanks to Austin for posting the FAQ :bigok: :bigok: :bigok:

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Good job. How's the ride quality between stock and CT sways? I know its hard to tell because of the springs. I *might* do sways only. I think my 6 speed has more body roll than the auto.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mdaniel said:
Good job. How's the ride quality between stock and CT sways? I know its hard to tell because of the springs. I *might* do sways only. I think my 6 speed has more body roll than the auto.
I haven't driven a sway only car (ie w/out springs) but I think the sways improved it a LOT more than the springs...sways improved side to side/cornering while the springs helped the starting/stopping dive.

The ride quality is pretty much the same w/ the springs, the suspension feel a little stiffer though. Do sways, you won't regret it!!!

oh and part of the reason it took that long was cuz we couldnt get my car off the jackstands :angel:

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats wierd, my sway bars are silver, but Jesal and Cheez5000's were both black...:sqnteek:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Iridium130 said:
I went w/ the Comptechs, and dont regret it at all...havent driven too much yet but from what I"ve driven so far it's been freakin SWEET!! There is SO much less body roll when switching lanes, swerving, etc. Turns are much tighter too!
Sweet!
I ordered my C/T sways last nite. I'll probably get them this weekend. I cant wait to put them on!

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
Iridium130 said:
thats wierd, my sway bars are silver, but Jesal and Cheez5000's were both black...:sqnteek:
Mine were black too.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Iridium130 said:

I haven't driven a sway only car (ie w/out springs) but I think the sways improved it a LOT more than the springs...sways improved side to side/cornering while the springs helped the starting/stopping dive.

The ride quality is pretty much the same w/ the springs, the suspension feel a little stiffer though. Do sways, you won't regret it!!!

oh and part of the reason it took that long was cuz we couldnt get my car off the jackstands :angel:

How much would it cost to get it done by somebody who knows what they are doing? I.E. not me... Just sways.
I wonder if Lehigh Valley does it....
Why couldn't you get the car off the jack stands?

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scorpius said:

How much would it cost to get it done by somebody who knows what they are doing? I.E. not me... Just sways.
I wonder if Lehigh Valley does it....
Why couldn't you get the car off the jack stands?
honestly, I didnt know what I was doing either, a friend of mine helped me out...read Austin's FAQ and see if you think you can do it yourself. It just takes time...

Couldnt get it off the jack stands because we took off the wrong ones first or something...shouldnt be an issue for anybody else ;)

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
peiqinglong said:
I want me some of those CT strut and sways!
I dont think comptech has struts, but they do have sway bars ;) :bigok:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.