Acura World banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any information on interior detailing / cleanup for the RLs. What to use for leather cleaning, vs. what to use for other plastic parts. It appears that the previous owner had kids in the car who did nothing but munching. I removed the back seat, and found several liquid spots -- juice/milk/u-name-it kind of crap. The interior, otherwise looks very clean; it is when I get to the minute corners of items, say the cup holders, that I find cookie crumbs, etc.

138 Posts
Ive been using zaino for a very long time when they first started to sell locally. Had to meet up with the guy at his house to buy it. Good people use to give a lot of stuff away for free but anyway the leather conditioner is pretty good but I suggest using woolite to cleanup the leather I just take my time with a toothbrush and clean most of the interior with it even dash etc. The polish requires some work but it is worth it in the end. 3m has a dashboard lotion that can be worked up and doesnt attract dirt like armor all.

· Cajun Gumbo Man
919 Posts
Khiyal:
If your questioning my answer to someone in the 05 RL section regarding LiquidTeh, YES IT IS THE BEST ! I'm a clean freak so don't question my 6 year investment as I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING and NO Zaino's leather cleaner and conditioner is NOT the best. Zaino wax is however. Check out the link in the 2nd gen RL and READ that thread as it will answer your doubts......

· Cajun Gumbo Man
919 Posts
My bad, that thread maybe in another forum (competitor's). I see if I can find it as I gave all the information regarding Liquidtech products ! As I said, GREAT STUFF !

· Cajun Gumbo Man
919 Posts
Here is my detailed secrets !

The BEST !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, I am a CLEAN FREAK. I've used this product for the past 7 years on all my Honda's and recently Acura's !

Liqui Tech
LVR Leather/Vinyl/Rubber protectant with Lanolin
Restores luster to Vinyl, Leather and Rubber. Provides long lasting protection. Reduces ultra-violet damage and cracking.

I buy the gallon size which lasts me about 2 years ! I ONLY use it on dash, door parts etc..... and leather. I don't use it on my Rubber tires......

Liqui-Tech Corporation
Beaver, WV 25813
1-800-637-4527

I've tried them ALL ! I'm a ZAINO FREAK and this is better than Sal's dash/leather product......Buy the 12 oz. bottle and try it out. If you like it, I suggest you buying the Gallon size......

No more of my SECRETS !

For the wood, I use Zaino's new Grand Finale spray on the wood of my 2004 RL and on the glass (confirmed with Sal to be NO HARM).......NO MORE OF MY SECRETS !

· Cajun Gumbo Man
919 Posts
Liq2q:

you can only buy it on line. Call the 1-800 number. They will announce their web site. They are located in Roseville near Sacramento California I think.....I use Meguiar's in the spray can called:
Meguiar's High Gloss HOT SHINE Tire spray. Has an adjustable sprayer. Make sure to follow the application process as it can blow on your panel etc....I do it in my garage with all doors shut and a mask on so I dont' breath this stuff. But the results are really good ! :beerchug:

· Cajun Gumbo Man
919 Posts
Eldorado Hills I think is the town ! Yes your near there ! Let us know what you think ! :beerchug:

· Cajun Gumbo Man
919 Posts
Khiyal:
I use it on everything except the rubber on the tires, so any trim/plastic parts on the outside (that is black or grey) too. Also use in/on the ENGINE bay ! What other secrets do you want from me ? :bash:

don't apply to paint finish, crome, windows or faux or real wood parts. Yes it works great on Leather too !

Sal's grand finale is just fine on real wood or faux wood dash parts etc...it also will make your glass funky fresh shiny ! :beerchug: :beerchug: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

121 Posts
Believe it or not, Woolite is a great interior cleaning agent. It's good on carpet, leather, dashboard, etc. Basically anything besides glass. Mix it one part Woolite to six parts water and pour it into a spray bottle. Then, spray the mixture onto the surface you're cleaning and work it with a damp terry cloth. Go after with a dry cloth. It leaves a nice, subtle clean smell and does a good job with stains and contaminants.

· Registered
9 Posts
Have you tried to clean the interior and protect it using a protection product like Fortador LeatherVinylTrim or Armor All Original Protectant. I was recently advised to read the evaluation material Best car interior dressing | Interior dressing for auto detailing about car interior dressing where professionals go through the most popular protection products and show their pros and cons. I recommend reading.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts