Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1994 vigor has a problem with starting (only sometimes). I always put key in and turn halfway for engine check, then crank the key. when the problem happens, the radio and other stuff comes on and I can hear the click of the relays, but it takes a bunch of jiggling of the key to get the car to start. At first thought it was a loose connection of the terminal on the battery because my husband tightened it and the problem seemed to go away for awhile. Now it is acting up again more frequently and the battery terminal is secure. I had the starter replaced a couple of years back. Hmmmm. Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having same problem with my 99 RL. I put key in and all dash lights come on, but will not turn over, I take key out and it will start after a couple of tries. After a year of this, now she is shutting down while driving down street. Once I stop put her in park, she normally starts right back up and drives like nothing ever happen.
I have taken it to dealership, they SAID they replaced the bottom part of the ignition switch, which didnt fix the problem, so they put a relay switch in, but still did not fix the starting problem, they kept my car for 2 wks, just to get it to not start, it finally did it, so now he said he think it is the fuse box which cost 495.$$ Can some one tell me what is the problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts