Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello let's say for purposes of this forum that my name is Talia. I'm a 35yr old female & I just purchased a 2008 Acura TL with 40k miles. I absolutely love my car! Her name is Kât btw. She handles beautifully, better than anything I've ever owned! The power behind it is incredible! So now it's got me wanting to learn about my car & modifications I can do to increase speed & power & to look aesthetically pleasing. I don't want to get tickets speeding around town so I'd like to take her out to the track & take some race car driving leasons. If anyone can give me lessons or suggestions I'd really appreciate the input! Thank you & it's nice to meet you all in advance! Happy New Year!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure where you are. You might check with your local dealer or find a local Acura club or Corvette/Porsche club and ask about good high performance driving events (HPDE) in your area. Google can be your friend as well. Most will require that you have your car teched before you participate. That will run about a maximum of $100. Be sure that your brake pads and tires are in good shape before you go. If you are about due for an oil change, that would be a good idea as well.

Another opportunity would be an autocross, which is usually done in a parking lot at slower speeds, but you will learn a lot and it is safer and easier on your car. The local SCCA chapter or once again one of the car clubs can point you in this direction as well. In fact, if you have the chance to run an autocross or two before you do a track day, it would be a good investment.

Hope that helps. Have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.