Acura World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know in 2006 The VW Polo is the first car in its class to offer a 6-gear automatic..
but I didn't drive it but I saw it while I went Germany last year..

·
Banned
30,196 Posts
I'm thinking he's asking about driving a six speed auto.

The Duramax Chevy diesel has a six speed Allison, and they are awesome.

I believe that Honda is going to introduce one in the near future. The salesman said that there is supposed to be less electronics, and better shifting on it. Hope so.

·
The boy and Barclay
1,546 Posts
8-speed on 2007 Lexus LS 460

·
492 Posts
Dont the new explorers and mountaineers have a 6 speed auto?

The V8 drivetrain explorers/mountaineers/aviators all have 6 speed auto transmissions

The new Hummer H2, Escalade and Yukon Denali's with the 6.2L motor are all mated to 6 speed autos.

Mercedes and I believe BMW both offer them in various models.

·
Registered
19 Posts
my dads bmw 550i has a 6speed automatic, it has the sport shift and the womans manual shift option. that being said, the car still flies.

·
I am no one
14,771 Posts
driving 8 speed on the ls460l and 6 speed on the gs350. it's already big difference between the 2, the ls460l is so much smoother. had sc430 and gs400 before (5 speed), and the gs350 is also a notch above them. if done right, it can smooth out the shifting and also lower the rpm for better gas mileage

·
Registered
6 Posts
even i dont drive a six gear car uptil now. I drive an SUV, a sedan but not a sport car. I want to drive it once. I would also like to drive the Six gear car if i ever get a chance to drive it.:wavey:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts