Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Colorado Jon
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 TL S and the stock stereo CD player always gets stuck and I am in the market to replace it.
I just came back from a shop where they told me that it would be a lot more expensive to replace because of where the amplifier is and the sub woofer.
Is this true that to replace the stereo on the 2003 TL would cost a lot more than on a standard car ??

Any thoughts on this? I really want to use my phone, tablet or flash memory card to play my music collection.

Thanks,
Jon:smile2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2003 TL S and the stock stereo CD player always gets stuck and I am in the market to replace it.
I just came back from a shop where they told me that it would be a lot more expensive to replace because of where the amplifier is and the sub woofer.
Is this true that to replace the stereo on the 2003 TL would cost a lot more than on a standard car ??

Any thoughts on this? I really want to use my phone, tablet or flash memory card to play my music collection.

Thanks,
Jon:smile2:
Jon,
In your other thread, I made a suggestion of considering a repair service for your current radio. However, if you want a new one, yes you can get one but here are the disclaimers from Crutchfield:
When you replace your factory radio, the factory subwoofer and subwoofer amplifier (if present) will no longer work.
When you replace your factory radio, you'll no longer hear OnStar voice prompts.
When you replace the factory radio, the factory navigation (if present) will still work, but you'll lose the voice guidance system.

Do you have navigation?

This is what I would suggest you consider. 1.) Fix your factory stereo. (www . ebay.com/itm/REPAIR-ONLY-Acura-TL-CL-Radio-Stereo-6-Disc-Changer-CD-Player-01-02-03/172821883744?fits=Make%3AAcura%7CModel%3ATL&hash=item283cfcab60:g:1HYAAOSwZJBYBkku&vxp=mtr)
Then, 2.) Add Bluetooth to your existing stereo (www . gtacarkits.com/product/acura-tl-2000-2003-iphone-aux-kit/)

If that combo is too price for you and you don't care about the factory sub, OnStar, or navigation voice, then you might consider a whole new head unit.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts