Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am now the proud owner of an 04 TL. It Feels and runs Awesome. She is Silver and had the accessory kit on it when I got her with some battle wounds. I have given her a Bath and Oil change with de sludge and changed her Pads and Rotors all the way around. I have a detail shop just down the road from the Mitsubishi dealership that I work at(parts tech), Im gonna hit there on the weekend an hopefully use the extractor on the carpets and give her a serious detail. Ive Had Many different vehicles from an 87 Dodge Caravan, 93 Chrysler Grand Caravan, 93 GMC Sonoma, 90 Honda CRX(b16typeRcamswap),07 Pontiac G5 and this is Hands down the Nicest vehicle I have ever had. I love Her. I want to care for her and help her evolve. I plan on keeping her for a long time. I bought her with 180k for 2100$ and my 2007 g5 that I beat the crap out of. I know I should be looking at doing a Timing Belt around this Km. Ive already checked with the Acura Dealership by my work and the Accessory Runners to me in silver are around 700$cdn. When I got her she had a large hole in the pass side Rear section of the accessory runner/air damn/side skirt/side valance/ what ever you wish to call it. So I need that. If anyone has an Accessory pass rear section I would be interested. The stock one ran me 70ish bucks but it does not have the curves the accessory one as I found out. And Apparently they are back ordered until the end of Dec.. Thats still not the question I had though.

She's 3.2 Auto. when she dies I figure Id like to, depending on the difficulties and the attached price, put a manual type s in her. I know This has probably been asked before and the owner ridiculed but still. I mean I guess Im asking like say a Honda CRX or Civic swapping the engine is all drop in to some extent. ..So the Question would be Does the 3.5 type s mantrans "drop" into my 04 base TL??

· AW Detailing Wanker
16,295 Posts
Sure its possible, you're probably looking at a new ECU, wiring harness (or a custom one) custom mounts and a whole boatload of trouble trying to find a rare transmission. I would consider it to be more trouble than it is worth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.