Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be doing some car shopping this weekend and one of the cars I'm excited to check out is this TL Type-S

(tried posting the link, but I can't post links yet)

On second inspection of the pictures, I noticed it doesn't have quad tailpipes. I don't know a lot about these cars, but I do know that every one I've seen has quad tailpipes. It does have the right rims and other Type-S badging

Could someone had just put a bunch of Type-S badges on a regular TL, or could this car have aftermarket exhaust? What else can I check out to make sure it's really a Type-S

Thanks for your help! With any luck, I may be joining your community in the near future!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the URL to the add just pasted in. I suppose that would help. I had to add the spaces or it wouldn't let me post it. Not spam I promise!

w w w.ksl.com/auto/listing/12743627

·
Registered
301 Posts
Your link is invalid.
I'd be glad to see it though.

Chances are, it's not a Type-S.
Have a look at the interior and engine.

The Type-S engine is 3.7L and the interior dash lighting is red.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yea, all you really need to do is get to the car itself, if you cant see it; have em send you the photo of the engine code located in eye sight, on the engine block, when the hood is open. Seems to me like they are bsing, and if they aren't and put mods on the type S, I would honestly be skeptical about the life of that car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts