Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everybody. First off, I'm obviously new here so I just want to say hey to everyone.

Second, I just bought a 2010 Acura TSX not long ago and I didn't realize until after I purchased it that there is an issue with my radio system. Totally my fault for not checking it but honestly I probably still would have done it anyway and tried to fix it myself like I'm going to do.

When I first start my car the radio is nothing but static and it stays that way for anywhere between 15-45 minutes depending on what the temperature is outside. If it's warm out it takes less time to clear up, if it's cold out then it takes a long time. I also think that if I run my defrost on full blast that it reduces the amount of time that it takes to clear up. Once it clears up the system runs flawlessly but obviously, this is a small issue that I would like to try to resolve, especially if I ever decide to trade-in or sell.

Are there any ideas on what this could possibly be? Any way that I could try and resolve this issue myself without having to take it and spend bookoo at the dealership or car audio store to have anybody else do it? Any help would be much appreciated!

Initial greetings and thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
102 Posts
If your listening to FM its possible the antenna is as fault. F your listening to Sirius XM it could be the reciver module or antenna,

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey, everybody. First off, I'm obviously new here so I just want to say hey to everyone.

Second, I just bought a 2010 Acura TSX not long ago and I didn't realize until after I purchased it that there is an issue with my radio system. Totally my fault for not checking it but honestly I probably still would have done it anyway and tried to fix it myself like I'm going to do.

When I first start my car the radio is nothing but static and it stays that way for anywhere between 15-45 minutes depending on what the temperature is outside. If it's warm out it takes less time to clear up, if it's cold out then it takes a long time. I also think that if I run my defrost on full blast that it reduces the amount of time that it takes to clear up. Once it clears up the system runs flawlessly but obviously, this is a small issue that I would like to try to resolve, especially if I ever decide to trade-in or sell.

Are there any ideas on what this could possibly be? Any way that I could try and resolve this issue myself without having to take it and spend bookoo at the dealership or car audio store to have anybody else do it? Any help would be much appreciated!

Initial greetings and thanks,
Eric
I've seen a problem something like this with my wife's 2009 Pilot.

Someone was into the dash on your TSX for air bag service. It is probable they disconnected, at least partially a ground wire or more likely the antenna feed to the radio.. on my wife's Pilot, I had to replace a short wire that connected the antenna lead to the radio. Was a bugger to figure out, and the Honda dealer that did the Takata air bag service was no help!

Astrobuf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts