Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone can help answer my problem first before I actually try to fix the problem and it not be the problem. Sooo, some more ideas would help! thanks.

Well, my acura rsx has been acting up...strangely. On random days whenever it wants to...it'll crank and not turn over. Some days it'll start but it'll b shaky like its gonna die. But if i turn on my engine and turn it back on then it works fine.

I changed my battery. I changed my spark plugs. Issue is still there! Its driving me crazy! My bf did that alternator check thingy by unhooking the cables off the battery and the car didnt die.

So...some suggestion my dad, my bf, and my brother said were, either my alternator, my starter, or my coil packs.

Has this happened to anyone?? If so, please help. Or if anyone knows the answer, please help too!

Thanks, Lia.

:cry:

·
Registered
828 Posts
The coil packs is a possibility, if their mounted in a decent spot you can go to an auto parts store like autozone and they can test coil packs while their on the car and its FREE, they can also test your alternator FREE as well.

Have you replaced the fuel filter? could be something this simple.

other things to check would be the fuel pump, when you turn the key all they way on (but not start) you should hear the fuel pump prime the engine, another possibility is a relay such as the main relay and the fuel pump relay.

no check engine lights im assuming?

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
other things to check would be the fuel pump, when you turn the key all they way on (but not start) you should hear the fuel pump prime the engine, another possibility is a relay such as the main relay and the fuel pump relay.
Replace the main PGM-FI relay. It's a long rectangular relay on a bracket located up towards the top, underside of the far left side of the dash. This will take care of the issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i got this all figured out! lol...i know i should have done this update way sooner but turns out, it was a bad starter! it took my starter 4 months to finally die on me...giving me all these problems! lol...anway, hope someday this helps someone. lol...thanks for everyone who replied!

:beerchug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts