Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RDX had not had a flush in 150,000 miles so I did a transmission flush at Valvoline.
I expect 300,000 miles of service. I use top tier fuel at costco 1/2 87octane and 1/2 93octane. Also

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't know what year of RDX you have? I had an 08 RDX with 5AT and still have my 11 MDX with a similar 6AT found with the 13-18 RDX. Both transmission can have a 1X gravity drain and refill OR 3X drain/refill/run though gears/repeat fluid exchange. Any kind of flush or 100% exchange of fluids might damage the AT. Acura ATs are designed to work best with Acura/Honda fluids. I would stick to them compared to a Valvoline or another brand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Agree with mrgold35. Drain and refill only; flushing is not good for Honda/Acura ATs. Also agree with using Acura/Honda AT fluid. It's synthetic and from my experience works best. Best to do a drain and refill every 30K miles. By the time you do 3 of them, 99% of the fluid has been changed. If you really want to be extra cautious or drive under severe conditions, do a 3X drain and refill after driving some between drain/refills. Ouch, on not doing anything for 150K miles. Needs to be done more often than that in Acuras.

·
Registered
30 Posts
RDX had not had a flush in 150,000 miles so I did a transmission flush at Valvoline.
I expect 300,000 miles of service. I use top tier fuel at costco 1/2 87octane and 1/2 93octane. Also
Transmission Flushes & Fluid Replacements. Help keep your gears shifting smoothly – with transmission fluid replacement services from Valvoline Instant Oil ChangeSM. skilled technicians can perform this service in about 20 minutes – while you wait in the convenience of your car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts