Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys, I know its kinda lame, but I am so proud of my 99 OEM KIT foer $430, and I said I would post pics when I was sober :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Very Nice and very clean, what's next for your baby???

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, you know, I think that maybe it :(, Im not ready to drop over $1k for rims, and the drop just aint me.... Ill have to put some new tires on soon, maybe Ill throw some YOKO A506s on, I liked those on my old car. Im kinda conservative :)

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Looks very nice. I'm generally a fan of the "OE look", as most aftermarket kits I see on cars just look too damn ridiculous. Then again, if you're looking for an aftermarket kit, why go for one that is as understated as the OEM? :D

For us with the EL, because it's sold in Canada, aftermarket bodykits are pretty much non-existant...you have to either have one custom made, or use a Civic sedan kit, which doesn't always fit perfectly or look right. Honda Canada doesn't have a body kit for the EL either.

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the compliments all... It really makes the car seem different to me now. I think my next mod might be ripping out the '2' resonator boxes (WTF is that bitc# between the air box and engine pointing down:dunno: )

Its nice to be here and 'complete' the Acura TL message board triangle :)

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Infamuz said:
It has 4 doors! Ewwww!!! :barf:
I got rid of my 3000GT for it, kids will do that to ya, sorry it wasnt to your liking

:rolleyes:

Quit sweatin the TL forum biatch, haha

RIP...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
my99tl said:

I got rid of my 3000GT for it, kids will do that to ya, sorry it wasnt to your liking

:rolleyes:

Quit sweatin the TL forum biatch, haha

RIP...
hahaha, you know you really want a 2 door! :p

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here is a comparison pic for those of you who are thinking of doing it, DO IT!! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Niiiiice!!!

Anyone got a pic of Aegean Blue with a kit?

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
actually it was not too bad, the black 'taps' were very soft, and on some the screwdriver stripped them right away, so I had to resort to yanking them off (wedge hand in and yank down), then on one side I managed to push from the rear tire well forward REAL HARD and it popped right off. The other side was a bit more stubborn, but after a while of yankin and pounded, it finally slid forward and out, after that it takes maybe 5 minutes to get the new ones on, and your in the clear

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
my99tl said:
actually it was not too bad, the black 'taps' were very soft, and on some the screwdriver stripped them right away, so I had to resort to yanking them off (wedge hand in and yank down), then on one side I managed to push from the rear tire well forward REAL HARD and it popped right off. The other side was a bit more stubborn, but after a while of yankin and pounded, it finally slid forward and out, after that it takes maybe 5 minutes to get the new ones on, and your in the clear
Cool!! It took me a freakin hour and 45 minutes to carefully put the front lip on. I had to drill the holes for 12 bolts and screws. But it looks tite. No gaps!!!! :D

The rear didn't come with the screws, so I'm off to the dealer tomorrow to pic them up :( . Then its back into the garage to put the sides and rear on :)

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Outlook said:

Cool!! It took me a freakin hour and 45 minutes to carefully put the front lip on. I had to drill the holes for 12 bolts and screws. But it looks tite. No gaps!!!! :D

The rear didn't come with the screws, so I'm off to the dealer tomorrow to pic them up :( . Then its back into the garage to put the sides and rear on :)
I did no drilling luckily because of the 99. Did you get the 99-2001 kit (I dont know if that fits), or a 2002 kit? Why wouldnt they make it drill free (oh well). When I picked mine up from the dealer, I took everything out of those huge boxes and put in passenger seat layed across middle console, got the two sides and nose piece in with no prob, (oh yeah, and checked for hardware before throwing out boxes at the dealer :))

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
my99tl said:

I did no drilling luckily because of the 99. Did you get the 99-2001 kit (I dont know if that fits), or a 2002 kit? Why wouldnt they make it drill free (oh well). When I picked mine up from the dealer, I took everything out of those huge boxes and put in passenger seat layed across middle console, got the two sides and nose piece in with no prob, (oh yeah, and checked for hardware before throwing out boxes at the dealer :))
Well i got the 99 sides and rear and 02 front. It was a cheaper combo than getting the whole 02 kit :mhihi: .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.