Acura World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally have enuff money to buy my system...i was wondering which one would be better? w7s are the new hot subs...but i have only heard good things about the IDMaxes...what would you get? If anyone has hook up on w7s or idmaxes hook it up...i found someone who said he could get me idmaxes for 350 (authorized)...but i would have to drive up to norcal to pick them up...

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
81 Posts
You will get some people who swear by the IDMax as well as the W7. I think they are both great SQL (Sound Quality at high Level) subs. I think the biggest thing is price, $350 versus about $700 for the W7. I definitely don't believe the W7 is that much better. You can't go wrong with either sub but why would you want to pay double when the W7 isn't twice as good.

David

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
StylinAccord:
I can check but I got my 12w7's for $492 when they first came out...and got my bro his 13w7's for $450 at a local dealer...so I can find out. It's not $700 though...even online. I had a huge discussion of IDMAX's vs. 12w7's with some idiot on a-cl...you may want to look that up. But I know my 2 JL 12w7's will blow away 2 IDMAX's any day in SQ and SPL...but that's just me :).

Austin519

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Austin519 said:
StylinAccord:
I can check but I got my 12w7's for $492 when they first came out...and got my bro his 13w7's for $450 at a local dealer...so I can find out. It's not $700 though...even online. I had a huge discussion of IDMAX's vs. 12w7's with some idiot on a-cl...you may want to look that up. But I know my 2 JL 12w7's will blow away 2 IDMAX's any day in SQ and SPL...but that's just me :).

Austin519
hey man u still have your hook up for idmaxs?

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
StylinAccord:
To be honest all my hookups have gone to hell for the summer :(. I'll look for ya...you want IDMAX's? I assume the 12"? I will be happy to check...but unfortunately no promises :(.

Austin519

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
81 Posts
I apologize for my misinformation about the price of the JLs. There were several posts on the car audio forums when the W7 came out of how people couldn't find a good deal on the W7 because the dealers were charging full price for them. Since JL doesn't allow dealers to sell online, there were no price breaks to be had if you wanted a warrantied purchase.

Everything I have read about both subs is that they are awesome. I haven't heard them myself so I can't talk about that and will defer to Austin519 on that one. I still say either one would be awesome and to go with whichever one you can get for the better deal, maybe not best price, but best deal.

You might want to try the elitecaraudio.com forum to see if they know a good place to get the subs.

David

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
SuperDave:
Ah hell no man...no apologies needed. I didn't mean to make you start running :D. And yeah, JL is very rough about that you're totally correct. In fact I'll probably find it very tough to get anyone a good deal on them...I'm going to have to rely on some local friends and buy it locally and ship it myself for those interested. So you weren't totally wrong...the price has gone down...but it's still more than my liking.

As for deferring to me...I'm biased...so what can I say. I can say I am biased because it's a better speaker that's made me biased...but it's just my ear...one that may not agree with others. I agree with you SuperDave...people will be happy either way. The w7's DO have higher SPL, but DO cost more...and everything else is choice...

And yeah elitecaraudio does sometimes have some good deals.

Austin519

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Austin519 said:
StylinAccord:
To be honest all my hookups have gone to hell for the summer :(. I'll look for ya...you want IDMAX's? I assume the 12"? I will be happy to check...but unfortunately no promises :(.

Austin519
cool man...i'll have to call image dynamics and see if i can come pick one up from there wherehouse...i like like 30 miles away from them:)

·
Registered
5,174 Posts

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
81 Posts
Just want to throw one other sub into the mix that is in the same league with the IDMAX and W7, the Adire Audio Brahma. People say really good things about them and they are available in 10", 12" and 15" sizes. They are about the same price as an IDMAX or a little less. Go to Elitecaraudio forums to find a little more info about them.

Austin519:
Not running! Just don't like to give out bad info. :)

David

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
SuperDave:
Understood :ricey:

Austin519

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.