Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone ! one of my friends brought me his acura 3.2tl 200 this passed weekend with a intire exhaust system to redo and the idle was very rough and couldnt drive well.

I fixed the exhaust first in case it could be the o2 sensors not liking the freeflow lol

Now i looked it up and found that the most common problem for this is the idle air control valve. i changed it and now drives better, because befor it was hard to drive with it normally, ( rough accel, wanting to stall at stop and more ),BUT the idle is still jumping.

now i tested a few things and found that if i unplugged what i believe would be a throttle position sensor, the idle stopped jumping but the trans would shift hard. when i reset the C.E.L the idle started jumping again.

now i didnt clean out all the throttle body with cleaner cause i didnt have any, BUT cleaned it well anyway, ill buy cleaner tomorow, and clean it, see if it helps.

anybody have any ideas whats making it jump?

·
Old Parts Slinger
9,587 Posts
a bubble or a faulty ECT sensor can also make for a jumpy idle. Try bleeding the cooling system first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts