Acura World banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got 3A tips, Sagness visisble...move this is TL section please!~

didn't know too well when my stock tips were on...since they are so FAR in...i just put in my new 3A racing tips and BOY they look chromed out, clean, shiny, nice nice nice...Looked sorta like comptech...anyways...now that my tip sticks out right below my REAR kit...I can tell my right exhaust pipe hangs down a little lower than the LEFT... I can prolly use little more exhaust hangers or something else to hold it... Would someone telll me how ti take these exhaust out and/ or how to fix this problem???? any other EASY suggestions on these?

·
Registered
107 Posts
where do u get those 3A tips and how much are they. do they make any noise? not looking for noise , just bigger tips

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I have the 3A tips as well.. and I've had the same sagging problem.. but it's EASILY fixed :D

just take a large zip-tie, and put it around the rubber hanger that holds the exhaust.. just tighten them up a bit..

10 minute fix. :)

chinaman, you can get the tips from Kragen or Pep Boys :)
About $20-$25 each..

no noise, they just replace the sock ones..

Make sure you get the bolt on, 2.25" inlet by 3.25" outlet by 9" lenght.. there is a 4" outlet one that looks retarded..

This isn't exactly a FS/Wanted thread btw. ;)
Hopefully this will be moved to the TL forum..

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Chinaman38 said:
where do u get those 3A tips and how much are they. do they make any noise? not looking for noise , just bigger tips
it's just for the look, yes. you can get them from pep boys for 25 bucks each. get the 3.5" x 9" one

·
www.citrusgirl.com
3,070 Posts
Edub said:
Make sure you get the bolt on, 2.25" inlet by 3.25" outlet by 9" lenght.. there is a 4" outlet one that looks retarded..

[/B]

I have to disagree......i have the 4'' slanted ones...and they are cool. i get nothing but props for the way they look....everyone thinks i have aftermarket exhaust.......

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
moving to proper forum :)

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
Another fix might be to lossen the 3 bolts on the slanted tip, and have someone hold it level as you tighten the bolts down (just don't strip them). Unless your problem is bigger than I think, this might work.

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
E-Dub has the right idea about fixing the sagging problem.

However I had a different problem...the kit i had on made the tips extend too far out beyond the kit. It looked fugly. So I drove to work after hours and used a industrial clamp and some towels to hold it in place while i used a Roto-Saw to saw it off. It's so thick that even our die grinder didn't cut it.

Well this eliminated the rear bolts used to hold it in place. To hold it in place I used some lineman-specific aqua-sealant. It's like a rubbery substance that sticks even better once it warms up. On top of that I used those rubber-bungee cords and wrapped around each of them in the rear.

When it was all said and done...you couldn't see ANY of my rigging WHATSOEVER and it held firmly in place...so firm you couldn't even move them. I was very happy with those tips...all the look of a nice exhaust without the noise. :bigok:

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
Is it the driver's side exhaust that sags? I've noticed every TL/AV6 I drive behind has the driver's side sagging or very loose. (jiggles over every bump)

the 3A tips are only $19.99 at the Pep Boys near me.:D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
baggsTLS said:
Is it the driver's side exhaust that sags? I've noticed every TL/AV6 I drive behind has the driver's side sagging or very loose. (jiggles over every bump)

the 3A tips are only $19.99 at the Pep Boys near me.:D
say that again and i will come down to kick ya ;)

no, form what i have seen (a lot of times already), the pessenger side is the one that the exhuast is hanging lower. luckily on mine it's not that noticeable.

btw, yes, if you don't have the body kit, the tips would look very weird coz' they stick out too much

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yea, my driver's side was sagging and it was bothering me. So when I took it in to the dealer to get something looked at, I asked them to even it out for me. They did and now it looks much better than before.:D

Thanks PAA!:bigok:

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
rominl said:

say that again and i will come down to kick ya ;)

no, form what i have seen (a lot of times already), the pessenger side is the one that the exhuast is hanging lower. luckily on mine it's not that noticeable.

btw, yes, if you don't have the body kit, the tips would look very weird coz' they stick out too much
ah ha, Blackshadow votes for Driver's side too.....now who's kickin' who?? :p

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its the passenger side for me...driver side looks CLEAN as h3ll...my pass. side got like 1 inch gap in between the top tip and bottom of my kit...loosk horrible...everyone goes..."wow...you got exhaust?" wait a minute..."wussup wit this sagness?" "did you hit something?"....

im so sick of hearing this...im gonna try that zip tie stuff pretty soon...hopefully it'll solve it...

·
Registered
173 Posts
[TL]Ridah said:
its the passenger side for me...driver side looks CLEAN as h3ll...my pass. side got like 1 inch gap in between the top tip and bottom of my kit...loosk horrible...everyone goes..."wow...you got exhaust?" wait a minute..."wussup wit this sagness?" "did you hit something?"....

im so sick of hearing this...im gonna try that zip tie stuff pretty soon...hopefully it'll solve it...
if u put 1 of those plastic zip ties, wouldn't it melt from the heat from the exhaust?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
ok, one trick you should try. those 3a tips, they have three screws for you to tighten things up right? hint, if you tighten the screws different (say the top more and the bottom less, vs top less and bottom more), you can "adjust" how they look from outside

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imm oing to put about 4 [ipties...on each side...to me equal....and about adjusting the screws...eh....i dout it'll cover 1 inch gap...:rolleyes: thanks for all the opinions and tips everyone!~

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
dee diddy said:

if u put 1 of those plastic zip ties, wouldn't it melt from the heat from the exhaust?
No, they are not touching the exhaust at all, they are only making contact with the rubber hanger that is already there..

you could do the hanger to the upper hook instead of just around the rubber hanger, which is what I did to prevent it from coming loose..

That area does not get nearly hot enough.. if it did, the rubber hanger would have fallen off before the zip-tie. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
forget tips. go for the HKS super dragers. They are incredibly quiet. Forget tips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.