2. Apply Meguire polish
3. Apply Eagle One caranabua Paste Wax
take pics and admire

I posted smaller pics so as to comply with the bandwidth constraint

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Nice and shiny! How about some shots of the whole car? :thumbsup:

I Mother'd (sealer & glaze)and Meguiar'd (Gold Class wax) mine on the weekend...see...

Of course, it snowed on Monday... :mad:

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
looks like you had some nice weather up there RiceBoy! we in upstate NY went from a full week of about 85-93 degree weather to 34 and snowy yesterday...booo:cry:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Holy smokes!

I thought it was going to rain tomorrow morning...

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep..shiny huh? :) you should come by and we can do a detailing Saturday.

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
53 Posts
nice...

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Star trek logo...:) i get a lot of that comments

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
WOOOHOOOO that looks good. How bout the rest of the car?!

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Looks great!! So clean~~~ :D

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dazz said:

How long did it take to do?
It took me one Saturday afternoon, approx 4 hours, that included vaccuuming the insides and armor oiling the dash boards as well

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
TLontheDL said:
i dont know if washing with dawn is safe. hey, how do you pronounce "meguiar"? sound kinda like "mark MEGUIRE"? the baseball player?
I think that's how it's pronounced.

If Dawn is like other dishwashing soap, it has grease-cutting agents, which will eventually eat through your clear coat...I would NEVER wash my car with anything other than products made specifically for that purpose. Do you want you car exterior to be "squeaky clean" like your dishes? At least dishes are ceramic...you've got bare steel under that paint!

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Riceboy,
you would normally not want to wash your car with dishwashing liquid. I wash mine with it for that purpose you mentioned, to strip my old wax off. then apply the wax and polish. o/wise the old wax remains and you are applying wax over old wax. Your shine would not be as bright.

clear coat is transparent paint. dishwasher liquid will NOT strip that clear coat off, ever. Paint stripper will, dishwasher liquid won't.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looks Good 2001TL4KCdude, just curious how much Dawn do you use and also what are the exact names of the Meguire cleaner and Meguire polish did you use because there are so many names to all that ish!!! U know:beerchug:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.