Acura World banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Acuraworld Member
386 Posts
TLontheDL said:
i have a feeling this thread will be moved LOL
Nah it refers to designing a 1st Gen trunk and he's asking for suggestions so I'll leave it here.

Our trunks are a hard to work with because of the shape. You'll definitely need a custom box if you want to save trunk space.

·
Registered
541 Posts
stereo

Our trunks are huge, and you can do a lot with them. Here is what I did with my accords trunk, turned out pretty nice,

I have everything custom in there, the box which you cant really see was designed for my trunk. To the right, which you can't see in the pic are my 2 amps, which are in there the same way you see the EQ, and powerflow. but man I'd do something like I did.

·
Acuraworld Member
386 Posts
Dont get me wrong, the trunk is big, but those 2 bars really get in the way. If you get a custom box built around the bars and it sits almost directly against the rear seat with a custom floor, you can still access the spare tire. For a plain box, it should run you about $300. For something fancy, it can cost from $500-$800 depending on what you want. I got a small plain sealed box in my trunk and I couldnt access the spare anyway so I mounted the amps on the floor. It really worries me when I go on long trips even though thats rare. Heres a pic of my trunk. I did it all myself by the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
96TL said:
Dont get me wrong, the trunk is big, but those 2 bars really get in the way. If you get a custom box built around the bars and it sits almost directly against the rear seat with a custom floor, you can still access the spare tire. For a plain box, it should run you about $300. For something fancy, it can cost from $500-$800 depending on what you want. I got a small plain sealed box in my trunk and I couldnt access the spare anyway so I mounted the amps on the floor. It really worries me when I go on long trips even though thats rare. Heres a pic of my trunk. I did it all myself by the way.
Not much room in there to put your golf clubs without scratching up the amps :)

You know, you could get a emergency car kit at Costco for $19.
It includes Fix-a-flat, 12v air pump, radiator seal, duct tape and some tools.

You know the BMW M5 doesn't come with a spare tire. You'd figure for $75,000 you'd get a spare tire. but it comes with a similar kit for a flat.

As for the Fix-a-flat, I've found the right way and a wrong way to use them. I've done both.

The wrong way is to pump the entire can into the tire. This will seal the tire and inflate however when the car sits in a parking lot, the fix-a-flat will settle on the bottom and clump up into a ball.

you'll end up buying a whole new tire if this is the case.

The right way is to use the fix-a-flat until the tire starts to rise. Then use the 12v air pump to fill the tire rest of the way.

This puts in a smaller amount of sealant that will dry up while driving on the road and wont clump up later.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right now i'm looking at a fourth order bandpass. i don't think i'm going to port it into the cabin cause it's kinda hard to incorporate. i'm gonna have two plexi glass windows in front of the speakers and have the ported section come out in between the two speakers.

·
Acuraworld Member
386 Posts
TLontheDL said:
96, wow we got the same subs and amps!:D except for the type of box. i want a sealed box now!!!!!!!! :(
Does the 1100A2 make your idle drop a lot? Mine does really bad sometimes. I definitely need to get a high output alternator. I wish I could get another 1100A2 for my Power DVCs. Those subs handle 1000watts RMS each! :eek: How much did you pay for the amp and subs?

·
Acuraworld Member
386 Posts
Damn. Back in 2000 I paid $750 for the amp and $600 for the subs! You got a good deal bro! The best way to stop trunk rattling completely is to port the box through the rear deck lid directly into the cabin. I had that setup in my last car and it rocked. No bass in the trunk, no rattles. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright now that i got my subs, i still need to get my amp. it's hella hard finding one for the right price. i'm looking at the RF 800.2 to power both the subs right now. i'm not sure if i should buy two amps or one amp. what do you guys think? should i still go with the RF amps? or something else? thanks guys.

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
I think its those two braces for the trunk lid that are on each side, and they take up trunk space, you cant put things in their path.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.