Acura World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good god that thing is fast. It is a 2001 with 8k miles on it. I could see owning one of those...:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
So you rode in a 2001 ehh. Well there are a few interesting facts about that car and a Z28. Did you know that a 2001 and 2002 Z28 have the same engine block, intake, clutch, transmission, and a few other things that I forgot.... The 2002 Z06 is the fast one. They upped the HP from 385 to like 405 or something crazy. They changed a few engine things and the cats. For about 2000 $ I could send my 2001 Z28 and get LS-1 engine made to be an LS-6 (zo6). I wouldnt mind riding around with 400+ HP under my hood! Just thought I would add these facts. later
jON

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Smitty01Z28 said:
So you rode in a 2001 ehh. Well there are a few interesting facts about that car and a Z28. Did you know that a 2001 and 2002 Z28 have the same engine block, intake, clutch, transmission, and a few other things that I forgot.... The 2002 Z06 is the fast one. They upped the HP from 385 to like 405 or something crazy. They changed a few engine things and the cats. For about 2000 $ I could send my 2001 Z28 and get LS-1 engine made to be an LS-6 (zo6). I wouldnt mind riding around with 400+ HP under my hood! Just thought I would add these facts. later
jON
You don't have the same tranny and clutch. For one, the T-56 in the ZedOughtSex is closer ratio with a .62 6th, you have the .50 5th (unless you have swapped the ZedOughtSex spec drivtrain in). Even the regular Corvette T-56 that has you same ratios is not the same as your's.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pull_T said:

You don't have the same tranny and clutch. For one, the T-56 in the ZedOughtSex is closer ratio with a .62 6th, you have the .50 5th (unless you have swapped the ZedOughtSex spec drivtrain in). Even the regular Corvette T-56 that has you same ratios is not the same as your's.
I am sorry, I meant that we have shared the T-56 not the gear ratios. You are correct. I am not sure what clutch parts are the same but I know there are some. I can find out for sure if anyone is interested. Sorry for the mix up.
jON

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Smitty01Z28 said:

I am sorry, I meant that we have shared the T-56 not the gear ratios. You are correct. I am not sure what clutch parts are the same but I know there are some. I can find out for sure if anyone is interested. Sorry for the mix up.
jON
No sweat, chief...I wasn't trying to call you out as bad as most prolly read. You do have the same basic powertrain, which is I think the gist of your post. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pull_T......its cool! One quick question, how in the hell do you know so much about this topic? For one, I couldnt tell you what type of transmision you have in your Cobra!:rolleyes: Anyway, its cool bro!
jON

EDIT: Your car (from your sig) sounds pretty cool. I wish you lived closer, I wouldnt mind giving you a run. I am sure you would win but it would be fun. I have raced a few other 98's that were stock and they were about 3 cars behind. I bet you would be just the opposite! Later man
jON

·
Acuraworld Member
3,493 Posts
Haven't gotten behind the wheel of a ZO6 yet, but one of my boss' cars is a '91 ZR-1 with only 20k miles on it...that thing is no joke!! It will definitlely pin you back in the seat!! It's a really driveable car though, but when you want to have some fun, turn the suspension to Sport Mode and turn the "Full Engine" key!!!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
JLmax said:
Haven't gotten behind the wheel of a ZO6 yet, but one of my boss' cars is a '91 ZR-1 with only 20k miles on it...that thing is no joke!! It will definitlely pin you back in the seat!! It's a really driveable car though, but when you want to have some fun, turn the suspension to Sport Mode and turn the "Full Engine" key!!!
ZR-1...a very sweet ride. A high revving DOHC V8..sounds familiar, a great design, IMO. Doesn't have the "neckbreaking" torque, but gear it right and let the upper rpm band shine. :D

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Smitty01Z28 said:
Pull_T......its cool! One quick question, how in the hell do you know so much about this topic? For one, I couldnt tell you what type of transmision you have in your Cobra!:rolleyes: Anyway, its cool bro!
jON

EDIT: Your car (from your sig) sounds pretty cool. I wish you lived closer, I wouldnt mind giving you a run. I am sure you would win but it would be fun. I have raced a few other 98's that were stock and they were about 3 cars behind. I bet you would be just the opposite! Later man
jON

I am a car enthusiast in general and always look to learn about LS1s, Acuras, Toyotas, everything, but I know a shitload about the ZedOughtSex in particular because my roommate and other best bud have matching Electron Blue '02s (those fuggers...:D)

You'd be a pretty good test for me, particularly from a roll where my gearing edge gets negated somewhat. 0-1/4 I'd put my money on me...30 or 60 roll-on to 120, I say dead heat...

·
Acuraworld Member
3,493 Posts
Pull_T said:

ZR-1...a very sweet ride. A high revving DOHC V8..sounds familiar, a great design, IMO. Doesn't have the "neckbreaking" torque, but gear it right and let the upper rpm band shine. :D
Found a good pic of it...

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pull_T said:

I am a car enthusiast in general and always look to learn about LS1s, Acuras, Toyotas, everything, but I know a shitload about the ZedOughtSex in particular because my roommate and other best bud have matching Electron Blue '02s (those fuggers...:D)

You'd be a pretty good test for me, particularly from a roll where my gearing edge gets negated somewhat. 0-1/4 I'd put my money on me...30 or 60 roll-on to 120, I say dead heat...

I see your times, 13.2 !! It would take one hell of a driver to make my car do that. I think my buddy Tim could prolly do it. He is used to a V6 stang and he makes that slow sled go pretty fast. Later bud.
jON

1 - 14 of 14 Posts