Acura World banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keyless Access System:

Works well for opening door/doors from diver side and or passengar side.

The problem I have is locking. When touching the "NOB" with a single finger
....NO LOCKING..

However, if I touch the "NOB" with the palm of my hand..Viola..INSTANT LOCKING.

Must not be producing enough electricity or warmth via one finger ?

Any one else experience this phenomenum(spelling ?)
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
48 Posts
Similar. I actually just run the back of my hand over it when I leave the car and it works.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
62 Posts
I give my car the finger and it opens up every time :rolleyes:

Seriously, I have found that on occasion the remote was too far from the door which prevented the lock/unlock function, or that it took a second to react to the remote being present.

To check if it is just you, have you tried letting someone else try to lock/unlock using your remote? If it works for them, at least you know the car is working OK.

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
petemc said:
I give my car the finger and it opens up every time :rolleyes:

Seriously, I have found that on occasion the remote was too far from the door which prevented the lock/unlock function, or that it took a second to react to the remote being present.

To check if it is just you, have you tried letting someone else try to lock/unlock using your remote? If it works for them, at least you know the car is working OK.

Pete
I had my wife try (left my remote in the house) same result. I'll just have to act like a magician and "palm" it.

It will however also lock with 2 fingers now( index and middle).

Will query the dealer when I get a chance. Have 4 years/50M mi to get it fixed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
medrxman said:
I had my wife try (left my remote in the house) same result. I'll just have to act like a magician and "palm" it.

It will however also lock with 2 fingers now( index and middle).

Will query the dealer when I get a chance. Have 4 years/50M mi to get it fixed.
Went by my dealer today and the service writer ordered new door handles.
Currently they(door handles) according to the service writer are on a national back order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
I am sure you already know this, but I will bring it up anyways.

My dealer instructed me not to touch both the inside and outside surfaces of the door handle at the same time.

Also, don't in a quick sequence open and lock, as this may "confuse" the motor of the lock.

Repeated locking/unlocking for more than five cycles could burn the motor.

I don't know how these numbers were arrived at by the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
I am happy to report that the passenger handle all in the sudden works well again with the light went out on its own after days of staying on.

We found it out at the Acura dealership this morning. I talked to the general service manager couple of days ago and complainted that I was waiting for another 10 days before this problem could be looked at. While I was at it, I told him that my experience with the RL was made worst by a number of instances related to less than expected treatments by the people in Acura. He was very attentive and toke note of my issues. I compared my pleasant experience with my Lexus's service, and this he could immediately relate to (He worked for Lexus before). He made immediate arrangement to have a handle over-nighted and asked me to bring the car in today.

I arrived at the dealership and met this very nice gentleman. It was "reverse-Murphy's" law (his term) that the handle was working and the light went out. We decided to not do anything at this point. I am pretty sure this problem will recur, but I wouldn't mind dealing with it at that time as long as I am treated appropriately.

My poor experience so far at least ended in a more pleasant note, thanks for someone in the Acura organization (at least the local dealership) who knows what good customer service is. I hope from here on it is all enjoyment of the RL, but I won't be surprised if the same issue comes up again with the handle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
My driver's side door dimple stopped working yesterday. I took it to the dealer today and the service manager said that it looks like my thermal sensor is not working and that they will have to order a new handle. Prior to this, it was working pretty flawlessly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Tomakat said:
My driver's side door dimple stopped working yesterday. I took it to the dealer today and the service manager said that it looks like my thermal sensor is not working and that they will have to order a new handle. Prior to this, it was working pretty flawlessly.
So is the sensor thermal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
The service manager called them thermal sensors and was testing it by not even touching the door handle and placing his hand close to the nob/dimple (about a 1/4 inch away).
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top