Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Acura RL with the technology package and navigation.

Here's the problems.

The LCD screen won't turn on.

My keyless entry / power locks don't work (can't turn the ignition either). When I go to grip the door handle, nothing happens. I also can't lock and unlock the door using the power switch in the car.

I went through all the fuses inside the car (under the hood too) on the driver side and saw that Fuse #7, 10 A - Back-up was blown. So I put a new one in and turned the car on manually (taking the cap off and sticking the key in) and the same fuse blew again.

Anyone have any idea or suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post but for anyone searching for a solution to this issue, i found it and want to pass it on. The door handle sensor is the problem. Aparently they are notoriously bad. Believe it or not, the handle "driver or passenger" causes the short, and all that trouble. I don't really care for the auto entry, so i just popped the door panel ( very easy, 3 screws and pop the plastic tabs). You then peel back the white plasic ( glue is messy, be careful), then you will have access to the plug that connects to the handle. Pull it down, then snap appart. Reassemble, change the fuse, and you should be good to go. Key fob will still lock, unlock door with button push, but no more auto unlock. You can replace the handle but it's a couple $hundred for the part, and they are known to go bad frequently. I'm fine without it. This fix will save you many $hundreds at the dealer. Takes about 45 mins. Tops. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post but for anyone searching for a solution to this issue, i found it and want to pass it on. The door handle sensor is the problem. Aparently they are notoriously bad. Believe it or not, the handle "driver or passenger" causes the short, and all that trouble. I don't really care for the auto entry, so i just popped the door panel ( very easy, 3 screws and pop the plastic tabs). You then peel back the white plasic ( glue is messy, be careful), then you will have access to the plug that connects to the handle. Pull it down, then snap appart. Reassemble, change the fuse, and you should be good to go. Key fob will still lock, unlock door with button push, but no more auto unlock. You can replace the handle but it's a couple $hundred for the part, and they are known to go bad frequently. I'm fine without it. This fix will save you many $hundreds at the dealer. Takes about 45 mins. Tops. Good luck.
Thank you for posting this. This was exactly what I needed to fix my car. I have a 2006 RL that I bought in 2017 with 39.992 miles on it. I love the car and I don't think they have made another model that looks as good. I hate to pay other people to "change parts" on my car. I am so thankful for the knowledge shared on the internet these days. This post definitely saved me at least $100 if not more. I had talked to one Acura mechanic that did work on the side. I told him the problems I was having including the fuse #7 being blown. He didn't mention this issue, just asked me to list everything that wasn't working and he would let me know if he got a few hours into it and hadn't figured it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I hope this reply reaches you considering your comment was posted in 2012, but I’m currently having this issue with my 06 RL. I had to replace my window regulator because the previous owners didn’t have one installed, and I noticed that the door handle sensor was unplugged, so I just plugged it in assuming that whoever worked on it before me just forgot to do it, but now my nav and fob won’t work. I also assumed it was the door handle sensor, so I took off the panel again and unplugged it, but the issues still persist. What fuse should I change?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts