Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sky and I were looking at all the bath pics we've taken of the munchkin in the 10.5 weeks of her life, and we were marveling at how much she's changed just in that time. She actually looks like a real person now, instead of a red, puffy kewpie doll:

And, in case anyone's really bored, here's a series of goofy short videos I made the other night right after her bath, when she's usually really happy. Laugh all you want - I still maintain that she is trying to have a coherent conversation...

Convo #1
Convo #2
Convo #3
Convo #4
Bath Time

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
What a cutie! All newborns look kind of like aliens or something when they arrive, but they grow out of it quickly. You better keep your eyes on her because as soon as you turn your head she's wanting the keys to the damn car! ;)

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
cute!

but isn't child pr0n illegal? :sqnteek: ;) j/k

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
Links aren't working :(

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
mdaniel said:
I downloaded a couple of clips but got audio only. :(
I got them all to work... finally. Are you trying to view them with QuickTime? That's what I used and they played just fine.

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dunno why the links won't work properly...they're just .avi files, so any type of multimedia player should be able to handle them.

:dunno:

You're not missing much, anyway - I'll never have a career as a director. ;)

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
SidVicious said:

I got them all to work... finally. Are you trying to view them with QuickTime? That's what I used and they played just fine.
Yep. Just tried that. I usually use Windows Media Player 7 and it gave me audio only. Then I tried Real Player. It said it needed to download additional software to play it, but it failed and wouldn't even give me the audio. Then I found QuickTime 5 on my system and it played them. So much for open standards.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
mdaniel said:

Yep. Just tried that. I usually use Windows Media Player 7 and it gave me audio only. Then I tried Real Player. It said it needed to download additional software to play it, but it failed and wouldn't even give me the audio. Then I found QuickTime 5 on my system and it played them. So much for open standards.
lol....do you have the right codecs for windows media player? that might be it....:dunno:

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Iridium130 said:

lol....do you have the right codecs for windows media player? that might be it....:dunno:
How am I supposed to know what codec I need for a particular file? Other AVIs play fine in WMP. When I loaded Maddie's files, WMP attempted to download some codecs off the net, but then just played them audio-only.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
mdaniel said:

How am I supposed to know what codec I need for a particular file? Other AVIs play fine in WMP. When I loaded Maddie's files, WMP attempted to download some codecs off the net, but then just played them audio-only.
this is the link(thanks to scorpenis ;))

http://www.divxmovies.com/codec/

download both of them...it automatically which codec to use.

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
AngelCL said:
Ok, you guys are a bunch of freakin computer nerds. WTF is a codec? ;)
Its short for encode-decode. Something (like video) is encoded in a certain format. Then the player needs to be able to decode it. Without the right codec, the player can't decode the computer file back into video.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
mdaniel said:

Its short for encode-decode. Something (like video) is encoded in a certain format. Then the player needs to be able to decode it. Without the right codec, the player can't decode the computer file back into video.
Oh. Well, ok. :)

BTW Mandi, you know she's gonna hate you guys in 15 years for posting those pictures online? :D

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AngelCL said:

Oh. Well, ok. :)

BTW Mandi, you know she's gonna hate you guys in 15 years for posting those pictures online? :D
Isn't that the whole point of being a parent - getting to pay back your own folks for all the crap they did? :D

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Phoenix said:

Isn't that the whole point of being a parent - getting to pay back your own folks for all the crap they did? :D
That's true. My parents were actually really good; they never showed naked baby pictures of me. :D

They just told horrifically embarrassing stories about my tendency to strip down at the pool and stuff.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Why dont you show stripped versions of you right now Adrienne? :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts