Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be leasing a new Acura 2014 MDX. I normally drive around 12K miles per year. Hence, I am planning to get a 36mo lease with a 12K annual mileage limit.

However, the dealer advised me to save money and get a lease with only 10K annual miles. I have been advised to choose this option, because the MDX will likely be worth more than the residual value at the end of the lease. Hence, I can simply sell the car for more than the payoff value. I'm not sure how comfortable I feel with this.

Is there a good chance that the 2014 Acura MDX will be worth more than the residual value at the end of a 36 month lease?

Any advice on this?

John

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Much of this depends on the money factors involved with the MDX at this point. There have been many instances of the vehicle being worth more than the residual at the end of the lease....the only example I can think of where the reverse was true was the old Passports, where Honda was actually negotiating the buyouts of the vehicles at the end of the lease so they didn't have to take them back. Of course, those were Isuzu built vehicles, in an automotive landscape far different than today.

I'm afraid that I'm not as up on the specs since I don't run the sales end, but you may want to visit AcuraWorld's sister site, Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums , for more information. I've been a member and sponsor there for 13 years now :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts