Acura World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a tear in my backseat, alil one and it's near the courner but it's still there, what do they do to fix this, can they patch it from underneath so it doesn't show??

·
Registered
44 Posts
My dad's Lexus had a 2" tear in his leather and we just went out to an auto parts store and bought a leather repair kit similar to this product for about 10 bux and fixed it ourselves. The repair turned out pretty well. You can only tell it's been reapaired if you look real close.

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
Blazin TL said:
there is a tear in my backseat, alil one and it's near the courner but it's still there, what do they do to fix this, can they patch it from underneath so it doesn't show??
I would try to get it fixed under warranty if possible before you attempt anything else. They may just replace the cushion or seat back.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, that pictures looks real good, i'll call the dealership tomarrow, my car's a 2001, maybe they'll cover it..:dunno:

·
Registered
737 Posts
its obvious our leather quality sucks:bigcry:...im about to get my seat replaced just as soon as I can leave my baby w/the dealership...my leather is torn also on my driver's seat...all warranty baby:cool:...Shyne;)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shyne said:
its obvious our leather quality sucks:bigcry:...im about to get my seat replaced just as soon as I can leave my baby w/the dealership...my leather is torn also on my driver's seat...all warranty baby:cool:...Shyne;)
where did you go? Courtesy/Don mealey?

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
Hey I had a tear in my driver seat due to a defect intheir stitching. I took it back to my dealer and the replaced it. They ordered the leather and had the local upholstery shop fix it for me. Under Warranty...:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i called friday and they said to take it to an upholstery shop:dunno: , i might go in and talk to them in person after church....maybe they'll comply if i'm there....

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
i just used that vinyl/leather patch product that i got from an auto shop...

well, basically i f#@@#-up ..the color i mixed was a grayer shade than the black/gray leather of my car..

it patched the tear decently but the color did not match up with leather seat, so now there is this gray spot measuring about 2 inches in diameter on the driver seat....

luckily its on the side of the seat and not really noticeable in the dark...

tips: (stuff i learned from my mistake)

do this in a well lit area...i did this in my garage around 7pm with just garage lights on so the initial paint mix looked like it matched the leather but when i took it out in sunlight...i was way off..

the adhesive filler that is included with kit....be very very careful with this...it solidifies quickly and the applicator tool i got in the kit was crappy...so try using something else to apply the filler ..like a flat head screwdriver or maybe even toothpick..

otherwise..if you do it right, i think it'll come out decently....as for me...i'm gonna just add black paint to the spot and hopefully it wont be as noticeable...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
acuraTLao said:
i just used that vinyl/leather patch product that i got from an auto shop...

well, basically i f#@@#-up ..the color i mixed was a grayer shade than the black/gray leather of my car..

it patched the tear decently but the color did not match up with leather seat, so now there is this gray spot measuring about 2 inches in diameter on the driver seat....

luckily its on the side of the seat and not really noticeable in the dark...

tips: (stuff i learned from my mistake)

do this in a well lit area...i did this in my garage around 7pm with just garage lights on so the initial paint mix looked like it matched the leather but when i took it out in sunlight...i was way off..

the adhesive filler that is included with kit....be very very careful with this...it solidifies quickly and the applicator tool i got in the kit was crappy...so try using something else to apply the filler ..like a flat head screwdriver or maybe even toothpick..

otherwise..if you do it right, i think it'll come out decently....as for me...i'm gonna just add black paint to the spot and hopefully it wont be as noticeable...
thanks for the detailed info i'll deffinantly try it since warranty isn't covering it...

·
Registered
56 Posts
use duck tape..like in your other cars:)

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
oops..sorry blazin...thought you were one of my friends who has an identical name

·
Registered
56 Posts
i'm a newbie..how do i do that?

·
Registered
56 Posts
hm....my leather is rip too...you think my dealer will fix it under warranty :D just a lil small thing maybe less than half an inch. or you guys think i'd rather just go down to autozone or some crap?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
TommyTL-S said:
hm....my leather is rip too...you think my dealer will fix it under warranty :D just a lil small thing maybe less than half an inch. or you guys think i'd rather just go down to autozone or some crap?
what caused it and how does it look like now though?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts