Acura World banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed or upgraded their sound system in their legend? I really want to look into replacing the speakers and head unit. I constantly hear this hissing from the stock system....any suggestions?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will try that site....

BTW - Does your sound system have a hissing sound when the volume is all the way down?

·
Registered
398 Posts
there are a few technical service bulletins in regards to the area around the base of the antenna(inside car) having corrosion causing issues and if you have the BOSE system depending on the amp you have there is a recall on it also.

If you upgraded you system you might as well do it yourself and do everything at once.

good luck

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes...I will be doing it myself.

But i'm not an expert on audio. Just wanted to find some ideas on what I should do and get.

I do have the stock Bose system and it kinda sucks without a subwoofer.

Does anyone know of a brand they can recommend? RF? JL?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now is JL only good as far as subs? And Alpines...are they only good with the head units? What about alpine subs? I hear the JL amps are overpriced...is that true?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am running a pioneer avh- p 6800 6 disc dvd indash screen, kicker 8" rmb midbass in doors, image dynamic mini horns under dash, and to 15" high output subs from parts express(1.2cu ft)each, coustic xm-6 xover, hifonics series 7 gemini(highs&mids) and zues(subs)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.